SC1 campaign in SC2

C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods
here it is.
Reply Quote
I don't think the problem is the mods i think it is with the maps but I did everything the download told me to. We were suppose to make a maps folder in the Starcraft II folder right?
Reply Quote
MVP
04/13/2011 09:07 PMPosted by Shadow
I don't think the problem is the mods i think it is with the maps but I did everything the download told me to. We were suppose to make a maps folder in the Starcraft II folder right?

What? No. You copy the Mod file to the "Mods" folder.
alright i think i finally found the problem... I put the maps in the maps folder, and the mods in the mods folder. but there was a dependancy data error in the editor startup. so, in editor(with the map i wanted to play loaded), i went to file>dependancies>add dependancy, and i added the correct mod to the map itself in the editor.

I dont think this was in the instructions anywhere but that made it possible for me to play the map.
Reply Quote
04/13/2011 09:07 PMPosted by Shadow
We were suppose to make a maps folder in the Starcraft II folder right?

There was already a maps folder in my starcraft 2 folder. make sure you went through the correct files... Sixen posted the 3 possible paths on the first page.

What error message do you get? or are you unable to load the maps altogether?
Edited by AnTibiotic on 4/14/2011 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am getting the dependancy error also I will try to do what you did real quick and see but I never had a maps folder to begin with and I put the mods in the mods folder.
Reply Quote
I did the dependancy but it is still saying that it cannot load the dependency data even after re-downloading it. I cant even load any of the maps at all.
Edited by Shadow on 4/14/2011 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Be careful when playing though. There seems to be no save function at all and the computer A.I. is set to brutal difficulty as they WILL snipe out medics, siege tanks and repairing SCVs.

The lack of save function is the real killer here. Since this is SC1, you are never given a fully functioning base and you have to grind economy HARD for a good 5-10 minutes and in every mission there is a hero character that cannot die or its game over.

This gets really annoying later in the missions when your hero can die instantly to a wave of enemies if you are not watching them constantly.
Reply Quote
So is this even allowed? Isn't there some copyright issues involved in copying of the original game? I know hes not selling it but still and also won't bnet ban you if you screw up bad enough? There also seems to be tons of issues too that people are pointing out and that would kinda ruin the experience.
Reply Quote
04/14/2011 07:34 AMPosted by Shadow
I am getting the dependancy error also I will try to do what you did real quick and see but I never had a maps folder to begin with and I put the mods in the mods folder.

You have to extract the maps to maps folder. then double click on an extracted map.

Here is what i did to get it to work...
1. go to starcraft2--> maps--> Terran07 (this opens editor and 7th level)
2. click yes when the data error comes up.
3. go to file--> Dependancies-->double click the mod if it is in text box already or click "add another" button
4. click mod, click ok.
5. mod should be in the dependancies now... click ok.(upon clicking ok, editor loads the new mod dependancy and some heros/units from sc1 will pop up on map)
6. file-->test document
7. Lastly: sigh of relief (as it has finally worked)... enjoy.
Edited by AnTibiotic on 4/15/2011 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
04/15/2011 03:35 PMPosted by Genie
So is this even allowed? Isn't there some copyright issues involved in copying of the original game? I know hes not selling it but still and also won't bnet ban you if you screw up bad enough? There also seems to be tons of issues too that people are pointing out and that would kinda ruin the experience.

Noper. Blizzard owns the rights to any maps we produce and they own the rights to their own games... so... essentially it's like Blizzard is using their own rights, so no problems.
Well I did exactly what you said to do Antibiotic but it says in the messages it says "Error: Dependency Data could not be loaded" I think the mod is not working for me =(
Reply Quote
er thats weird its working for me, well at least the zerg one is idk about terran but is the protoss one done yet?
Reply Quote
Well I did exactly what you said to do Antibiotic but it says in the messages it says "Error: Dependency Data could not be loaded" I think the mod is not working for me =(

is the mod in your dependancies??
Reply Quote
Yea it is in the dependancies. It doesn't have a name when it shows name (battle.net). This is getting to be very difficult.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue
Reply Quote
Here is the solution

Start> Programs> Starcraft: BroodWars

Play campaign.

If you have sc1 and are trying to play this on sc2 there is no purpose. Plus, whats wrong with a little nostalgia?
Reply Quote
found it lol
Reply Quote
Can you guys just make this a custom game would make it a lot easier to play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]