StarCraft® II

Starcraft Sabotage Tunnels or Attack Platform

which should i choose which is easier?
Reply Quote
I found that the tunnels were a lot easier than the platform, and I enjoyed the tunnels more because they show off the heroes of the story at their best.
Reply Quote
But Destroying the platform can help u as it would be easier later on in the last mission cause of the pesky Broodlords+ mutas and levi
Reply Quote
I think it depends on what technology you have. On my normal play through I destroyed the platform and I still found the last mission kinda hard, I played the air final on Hard trying to get aces high and it wasnt as bad if you have hive mind control, if you build enough of them you can hive mind control enough broodlords to stop kerrigan in her tracks.
Reply Quote
Tunnels is a better mission, but has a harder final mission.

Destroying the platform gives an easier final mission (spam upgraded tanks).
Reply Quote
I prefer to take down air support so that I only have to worry about ground, so a good amount of bunkers, tanks and marines will be enough. Also hive mind emulator to get massive amount of ultralisks that can be healed with medivacs are epic!
Reply Quote
I always went with taking out the air support. By taking them out, you only have to worry about ground which means...Tanks. Lots of tanks. Can never have too many tanks. I had 20 guarding the left chokes and 15 guarding the right. I moved them back some so all the zerg get funneled in like the Spartans did with the persians (300 anyone?) After that, just build 6 banshees and attack the worms from time to time and keeping up with marines to take out the Queen of Blades. Always used the psi disrupter cuz zerg move too fast onto my tanks. Letting them get slowed helped out a lot.

As for going All In with air units, you gotta worry about ground AND air. Which means, tanks and vikings and wraiths and bunkers and Hive mind emulator. You need ghosts in bunkers to match the brood lords ranged attack. Required a lot of multi tasking like having a few vikings and battle cruisers to guard your mineral lines while having 10 vikings on each side of the defense line on patrol so broods don't take out your tanks. Then you gotta worry about the leviathan AND the queen of blades PLUS the direct attacks on he artifact. It was much too much to take on the air. I might finish All In Air on brutal one of these days. Who knows when.
Reply Quote
I pick nydus, because I have more fun with air. I never really liked nydus, because in campaign it's instant, and it lets them spawn it IN your base.

Note:It sucks you have to replay the campaign 2/3 times to be able to do everything. 2nd time is to do differentaly in the choice missions, 3rd may be needed to be able to replay since at char u can't go back.
And you'd probably want to try on a harder difficulty.......
Edited by PEPPERSPRAY on 8/10/2011 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I attacked the orbital platform. I had more fun commanding air units. Plus I felt I had more opportunity to play that level with different strategies. "Belly of the Beast" is too linear for me.

Besides, I enjoy the crashing roar of never ending siege fire... Like the tides on the beach... so peice-full ~ snicker ~.

:D
Reply Quote
I pick nydus, because I have more fun with air. I never really liked nydus, because in campaign it's instant, and it lets them spawn it IN your base.

Note:It sucks you have to replay the campaign 2/3 times to be able to do everything. 2nd time is to do differentaly in the choice missions, 3rd may be needed to be able to replay since at char u can't go back.
And you'd probably want to try on a harder difficulty.......
You can just use the archives to replay missions, including split choice missions, you know...
Reply Quote
I did the attack platform because if you do that one you can just spam banshees and only be hit by hydras kerrigan and spores
Reply Quote
04/20/2011 06:44 PMPosted by ZeroTrinity
which should i choose which is easier?

Always control the air. As for the worms, that's why you want perdition turrets everywhere.
Reply Quote
I prefer to have a strong ground force, so I'd rather go through the tunnels. I do prefer the Shatter the Skies mission though
Reply Quote
can you access the archives after you beat char?
Reply Quote
Yes you can.
Reply Quote
Air definitely. The nydus version of All In is a breeze. Get 20+ siege tanks out.

Ground is harder. There's no nydus worms but there's still ground troops and lots of air including the leviathan. Just be sure to mass tons of infantry. Works like a charm.
Edited by UltraNoob on 4/14/2012 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 03:34 PMPosted by UltraNoob
Ground is harder. There's no nydus worms but there's still ground troops and lots of air including the leviathan. Just be sure to mass tons of infantry. Works like a charm.

I made 20+ hive mind emulators all around the choke points, artifact and mineral line. By the time the artifact reached 90%, I had 30 brood lords, 30 mutas and an ultralisk under my control.

Did you know you could control a corrupter and morph it into a brood lord? I like it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help fellas. I think I am going to go attack the platform. I am actually a member of the USAF and I know that by far having control of the air is extremely important in any battle. I wish now though that I had upgraded my air units. I stuck to upgrading my Infantry and Base defenses however that's also a good thing because it will make fighting ground a lot easier. Once again thanks.
Reply Quote
[salutes]
Reply Quote
It depends on which 25 zerg research option you picked. Do nydus tunnels if you picked the hive mind emulator, or platform if you picked psi emitters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]