Zerg in real life.

Starcraft basically like aliens vs predator terrans the marines predator are protoss and aliens are Zerg :)

Nah, Starcraft is more akin to Robert A Heinlein's "Starship Troopers"

With the Bugs as Zerg, the Federation as Terrans, and Skinnies being Protoss.

Makes sense. Very, very similar actually. Skinnies are Psychics with advanced technology, Bugs are still highly adaptive evolving... well... bugs with a Hive structure and Queen, and the space faring Humans with powersuits are still space faring humans with powersuits.
Edited by Jimmy on 4/6/2013 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i want hear about spine crawlers and spore crawlers :D
Reply Quote
Swarm Hosts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmr-B_JZTnE
Reply Quote
100 petaton necrobump incoming

These comparisons are pale at best to a species that can assimilate another species into their genome and then have the ability within an hour to replicate the assimilated species ANYWHERE WHERE THE ZERG ARE PRESENT.

Cordyceps pale in comparison because they only affect ants, zerg infect anything and everything that lives so long as they believe it can serve a purpose in the swarm.

Nothing on Earth has ever evolved at this astonishing rate, nor will anything ever evolve that fast in the near future. LINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRGz_sLOiKs

Please do not ever try and compare the zerg to anything we know of today, all comparisons will be horrendously pale to the point where its vanilla zerg 5.0
Reply Quote
02/16/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Harmonic

Keep in mind modern automatic rifles fire much, much faster than the Gauss rifles that marines use (Though I don't think this is true lore-wise, it is gameplay-wise)

Have either of you ever witnessed what a 50cal machine gun does to the human body?..
Honestly, one bullet would kill anything short of an ultralisk.

Marines qualify with 50cals on these terms, "If you shoot and the bullet goes within five feet of the target, it's a confirmed kill, and it counts toward your score."

The air pressure caused by these massive rounds tears off human body parts if its within five feet of the target... If they hit the target... It splits the target in half, zerg would be no exception. This is why these are used against vehicles and partially outlawed against actually shooting a body with it.

I mean sure your ludicrous post would totally make sense if humans had natural armor akin to zerg where zerglings can canonically take multiple hypersonic 50 cals to the face before faltering. Some newer canon even shows zerg taking sniper rifle rounds.

And last time I checked a guass rifle shoots in the hypervelocity range whereas a 50 cal today doesnt, and neither are modern 50 cals made of neosteel. Nor can they shoot 30 rounds each !@#$ing second :)
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 02:25 PMPosted by ghost
Nor can they shoot 30 rounds each !@#$ing second :)

Don't take this post to heart, but according to the game audio file, neither does the Marine's rifle.
Reply Quote
Actually canonically yes, the marines rifle shoots at a 30 RPS rate.

EDIT

and even if they didnt. The speed they travel gives them an extreme boost in kinetic energy over the 50 cal. Snipers and machineguns today. Now there is a low calc and high calc for the marines rifle. Assuming hypersonic meant mach 5 then maybe with sustained fire a 50 cal today can kill a zergling. If by hypersonic blizzard meant mach 10 (the higher end of the hypersonic range) then a 50 cal today would have no chance, a zergling can just cover its eye and then sit there with bullets pattering it. If it was in the middle like mach 7 then the 50 cal would have a slim chance today.

Oh yeah and after the earlier wars in starcraft lore the marine rifles began implementing DU filled bullets which at their speed combined with a neo steel tip makes them stronger than ever.

I do hope engineer you dont think a 50 cal today even has a slight chance otherwise you need to look up your facts.
Edited by ghost on 11/28/2013 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can go ahead and google the automatic fire rate of a c14. And give me the audio clip you heard otherwise your facts are bull!@#$.
Reply Quote
11/28/2013 09:12 AMPosted by ghost
give me the audio clip

I was just joking about how the multiplayer attack animation seems so slow.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Engineer
give me the audio clip

Some people say that the animation is supposed to symbolize the burst fire that marines use instead of full auto, maybe stimpack is kind of the override into full automatic fire?
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 02:36 PMPosted by ghost

Some people say that the animation is supposed to symbolize the burst fire that marines use instead of full auto, maybe stimpack is kind of the override into full automatic fire?

I mean even during the burst you can make out individual shots pretty easy. If it was firing 30 times a second it would just sound like a buzz or a ripping kind of sound.
Reply Quote
lol remember.

Game mechanics =/= Lore

Otherwise marines would be 1/10 the size of battlecruisers, so put your logic away before you anger someone extremely, cuz its only making you look dumb.
Reply Quote
The Germans had a gun in WWII that fired so fast that it sounded like ripping paper....
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 06:51 AMPosted by Maverick
The Germans had a gun in WWII that fired so fast that it sounded like ripping paper....

MG42 baby, one of the greatest guns humanity has ever produced, and as much as i hate to admit it. If it weren't for the !@#$s we wouldnt have landed on the moon nor would we have accomplished many other things.

EDIT

n a z i s
Edited by Luftwaffe on 2/24/2014 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Luftwaffe
If it weren't for the !@#$s we wouldnt have landed on the moon nor would we have accomplished many other things.

*as soon as we did*
they still would've happened
The scientists lived and learned regardless of the N@zi philosophy, it's just that the war put pressure on the scientist to hurry the heck up.
Also, space technology only began during WWII. Most of the work towards getting to the moon was driven by the Cold War.
Edited by Engineer on 2/24/2014 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Engineer
02/24/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Luftwaffe
If it weren't for the !@#$s we wouldnt have landed on the moon nor would we have accomplished many other things.

*as soon as we did*
they still would've happened
The scientists lived and learned regardless of the N@zi philosophy, it's just that the war put pressure on the scientist to hurry the heck up.
Also, space technology only began during WWII. Most of the work towards getting to the moon was driven by the Cold War.

I was thinking more towards the lines of the advanced rocket technology of the Germans, the space shuttles and their assisting gears used rocket technology did they not?
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Luftwaffe
I was thinking more towards the lines of the advanced rocket technology of the Germans, the space shuttles and their assisting gears used rocket technology did they not?

Yes, but the Germans were NO WHERE NEAR getting to the moon. The huge amount of work that still had to be done in order to get to the moon was driven by the Cold War.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]