StarCraft® II

Your starter pokemon of choice?

charmander, bulbasaur, or squirtle?

i personally like charmander ^.^
Reply Quote
Generally speaking, I like the grass-type starters. So bulbasaur! :D
Reply Quote
i always like the time i picked a squirtle and it evolved in to charmeleon my game was bugged i think
Reply Quote
squirtles awesome, enough said
Reply Quote
Charizard

then i'd whip out a Action Replay and either get a mew ticket or mew in a Pkmn center box,cause i'm nowhere near a gaming center.
Reply Quote
Charmander, %*%@ yeah.
Reply Quote
The best starting pokemon I guess would be Bulbasaur as the first two gyms focus on Rock/ground and Water pokemon. These types are very weak against grass. If you choose Charmander, you run the risk of losing to Misty as your fire pokemon is weak to water. And as for Squirtle, you run the risk of losing to Lt. Surge due to the fact that water is weak against electric. All 3 pokemon have different strengths so choose the one you like most.

PS: I extracted that from another source, lol
Reply Quote
05/04/2011 11:01 AMPosted by staples
i always like the time i picked a squirtle and it evolved in to charmeleon

Bet you didn't see that one coming xD
Reply Quote
I wish Nintendo would just give the customers what they want and let me have MISSINGNO. as my starter pokemon....
Reply Quote
I never used my starter much. I liked machop.
Reply Quote
I would constantly change. But I would mostly choose the over-used Charmander most of the time.

Although I'm using an emulator to play Ruby on my PC and my main pokemon is a Gardiveour or w/e it is named.
Reply Quote
I liked my Squirtle. I wanted to keep it a Squirtle because I was 8 and thought the other 2 forms looked ugly as sin. Eventually pushing whatever buttons to keep it a Squirtle got tedious and I let it grow up.
Edited by boxturtle on 5/6/2011 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Squirtle, for sure. There really aren't any other good Water types out there (aside from maybe Lapras) and you need Surf, so...
Reply Quote
05/06/2011 05:26 AMPosted by Requizen
Squirtle, for sure. There really aren't any other good Water types out there (aside from maybe Lapras) and you need Surf, so...

Pikachu learns surf...
Reply Quote
I always picked Charmander, every time.
05/06/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Ruin

Pikachu learns surf...

Couldn't pikachu also learn fly in one of the games?
Reply Quote
I always picked Charmander, every time.
Charmander
Reply Quote
05/07/2011 01:33 AMPosted by DyFortea

Pikachu learns surf...

Couldn't pikachu also learn fly in one of the games?

I think pikachu could only learn surf in game in yellow.

However it occasionally was given out with surf and fly at events, as well as the pokéwalker that came bundled with hg/ss if you downloaded yellow forest.

Anyway, the proper answer is Torchic for best starter~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]