StarCraft® II

Shonen Jump: One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, etc

Hey guys,

How come these manga hasn't been mentioned? They are great comics that have great morals! Where do you guys usually go to read their chapters? Ever since onemanga.com took down all their manga, it's been kinda hard to find a site that has complete chapters.
But yeah, doesn't matter. We wanna support the manga industry as well. Go Luffy, the future Pirate King! :)
Reply Quote
I love naruto, but I've never been able to get around bleach and one piece. Bleach is kinda slow paced, and one piece is too fantasy oriented for my taste. They're great mangas though
Reply Quote
05/03/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Psionic
I love naruto, but I've never been able to get around bleach and one piece. Bleach is kinda slow paced, and one piece is too fantasy oriented for my taste. They're great mangas though

As long as fantasy makes sense, that there is a general set of 'rules', then it can be enjoyed, don't you think?
Bleach was great, but then went downhill.
Reply Quote
05/04/2011 05:22 PMPosted by XpldnCatHead

Bleach didnt go downhill, bleach fell down a @*#*ing well and is now located somewhere below china

Yep. After Soul Society arc it definitely lost it's luster. It's like the author ran out of ideas.

Should have ended it early to keep its glory.

I believe hearing that Tite Kubo's main way to get around writers block was to create more characters.

Anyway, for me bleach has been dull after the first menos grand was pushed back. Its a problem of to many characters, boring invincible heroes, and one single boring invincible villain.

Anyways, moving off from bleach. Anyone Read Toriko? It has become my favorite in the jump. To me at least it has good humor, good action, epic fights, and a wonderfully silly setting.
Reply Quote
Too much mainstream! >_<

There we go amen brother. Naruto is decent, but it doesn't deserve all that popularity. Claymore is the best in Shonen Jump (Miria is a bamf #%!! Raynor) and for all time, I'd choose Code Geass.
Reply Quote
I read naruto and one piece weekly at mangastream.com and I go to mangareader.net when I want to get some back chapters.

One Piece has an amazing story but you will feel retarded if someone unfamiliar with it looks over your shoulder while you read it xD.

Naruto's the more popular one but I don't think it's as good. I like the themes on war and hate but all the loneliness and sadness stuff gets on my nerves, like really, every good guy in the story needs to grow a pair.
Reply Quote
05/04/2011 07:04 PMPosted by Dwarfspider
Anyways, moving off from bleach. Anyone Read Toriko? It has become my favorite in the jump. To me at least it has good humor, good action, epic fights, and a wonderfully silly setting.

Heck yes! Toriko is second only to One Piece in my opinion which is and always will be amazing. It also just got an anime which I will certainly be watching (which seems to take forever to sub compared to other animes >.<).

Bleach went downhill after the SS arc and I read it out of habit and the faint hope that it may come back eventuall.

Naruto has its ups and downs, recently it's been mostly downs.

I tried to read Ippo but got bored about 200 chapters in, it ended up feeling like the same thing over and over (detective conan is the same but worse about the repetition)

05/04/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Imperviation
I read naruto and one piece weekly at mangastream.com and I go to mangareader.net when I want to get some back chapters.

Mangastream is the place to go for new chapters, excellent quality and fast release. Best of all they only host the newest chapters- the ones that have not been released in book form yet so they are not breaking any laws whatsoever. For back chapters I usually just search with google.

Edit: I forgot to mention Beelzebub- another really good and funny action manga (although I couldn't sit through the anime)
Edited by Trogdor on 5/6/2011 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[DELETED]
Edited by Baazigar on 8/20/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Speaking of Shonen Jump, I've really been enjoying Fairy Tail lately. It originally seemed kinda stereotypical Shonen stuff, but lately the characters and plot have been really impressing me. There's still a lot of cliche stuff, but it's played with, twisted, and subverted a lot of the time. Overall, I've been liking it better than Naruto, and as much as Bleach.

Naruto... was lame, then good, then ok, then great, then bleh. I don't like this whole war arc, because it's getting into that "too many characters to care" syndrome. I don't care about the other teams and most of the enemies. Yeah, they're cool, but I don't need 10 chapters focusing on them, not when Naruto actually started getting interesting and not annoying as crap.

Bleach gets on my nerves. I looooved the entire "introductory" arc, before Soul Society, and like the first volume or two of Soul Society, but then it got bogged down with characters (a common theme, apparently) and the "DBZ power level" syndrome. We get it, there's always someone stronger that you have to beat, enough already. For me and Bleach, every arc starts out awesome, because Kubo gets into that really character development oriented mode, which is awesome, but then it devolves into 15 chapter fight sequences. I'm apprehensively optimistic about the Fullbring thing, but hopefully it'll go more into story than fighting.

Also, anyone else notice that Kubo can't seem to pace himself? We get how many chapters of Hueco Mundo fighting, followed by a bunch of exposition and talking in Turn Back the Pendulum, followed by more fighting, followed by plot. If he could integrate it, I'd respect Bleach more.

And one last one. Did anyone fricken read Psyren? That was awesome! Confusing near the end, but pretty great overall. I don't like good series to end, but at least they actually finished when they should have, rather than dragging it on like some series. It was a great story, amazing action sequences, and actually interesting characters.
Reply Quote
I enjoy One Piece, and I'm i love with Naruto, I really like the Third War Arc. However, my favorite manga is Katekyo Hitman Reborn, theres never a dull chapter.
Reply Quote
Half of the things you guys are mentioning is *@*!. Naruto sucks, Bleach has sucked ever since the Soul Society arc ended, Code Geass is a steaming pile. Every do yourselves a favor and watch the following Anime.

Gungrave, Gundam 00, Jin Roh, Akira, Berserk (both the manga and the anime), Black Lagoon, Claymore (The manga, the anime's ending is kind of gay), Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Hellsing OVA, Memories.

That's really all I have off the top of my head. But almost every anime I just mentioned is way better than that sappy crap like Naruto, especially Akira.
Reply Quote
05/06/2011 07:41 AMPosted by XpldnCatHead
Claymore was freakin' epic. The ending kinda pissed me off but it was also satisfying.

Ending? New chapters are being released every month as far as I know.

Hes probably referring the the anime adaption. Which ends at the northern campaign, with the last 3 or so episodes being completely different to try and "give some sort of satisfactory ending." Though, honestly the ending they provided in the anime was terrible. Anyways, I have heard that there will be another season which completely ignores the existence of that false ending and goes by the manga again.

Anyway, I might point out several of the manga that have been mentioned in this thread (such as berserk, which is damn awesome) are not part of the shonen jump.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShonenJump here is a good list of those in shonen jump.
Reply Quote
Let's see, mangas I read The World God Only Knows, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater and Bleach although I admit many times I wanted to drop Bleach after all the plotkais Kubo did.

05/06/2011 07:21 AMPosted by Panzer
Code Geass is a steaming pile

Code Geass is great, one of my favorite animes.

Want my recomendations? Watch Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Death Note, Welcome to the NHK, Ergo Proxy, Samurai Shamploo, FMA: Brotherhood, Xam'D: The Lost Memory. Those are good animes IMO.

Comedy? School Rumble, it is the best in that type.
Reply Quote
I prefer Karkukidoji Ultimo, but thats just me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]