StarCraft® II

Share the BEST novel you have read recently

07/05/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Vultureling
Drizzt Do'Urden (The whole series.)

I'm so friending you.

Dragon lance was good, and the wheel of time was good, until Winters Heart, I got board after that.

Check out The Chronicles of Amber were great, but I never got around to finishing it.

Another good series is red wall, must read.

As above, The legend of Drizzt was amazing.

Edit: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was Awesome, I will always remember the awesomeness of it.

Lothars Blade trilogy was okay.

I'm reading Magician Master, awesome a hundred times over.
Edited by BrassDragon on 7/23/2011 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Recently read the mistborn trilogy. So good.
Reply Quote
Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H.P. Lovecraft (Commemorative Edition)

Needs I say more about the man?
Reply Quote
Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson was amazing, on my second read of WoT series in prep for the final book. Another vote for all the Black Company series by Glen Cook, all of them were good and were a different kind of book.
Reply Quote
Buffo and Spallanzani
Reply Quote
OMG this thread might be my death, I have a booklist that grows faster than I can knock out books and this thread might be my largest challenge yet haha.

but right now I am just looking at my book shelf and am about to thropw out a lot of names that I am sure are already on the list:

The Dune series,
the Space Odysseys by Clarke 2001, 2010, 2061, and 3001
Empire by Orsone Scott Card,
the Ender series by Orson Scott Card
Pygmy by Palahniuk, which is hilarious and deviant haha
A song fo Fire and Ice series

And too many others to list

Ooh, A princess of mars is pretty good if you're looking for some old school sci fi too! The Barsoom series is nifty! XD
Reply Quote
The warded man (can't remember series name)- Peter V Brett - Great read, last book comes out early 2012.

Farseer trilogy and tawny man trilogy - Robin Hobb - Both trilogies are complete and excellent.
Soldier's Son trilogy - Robin Hobb - fairly good trilogy.

The way of kings - Brandon Sanderson - book 1 of 12 (going to be a while) is only one out, but it's extremely good and it's going to be an amazing series.

Edit - removing things already in OPs list.
Edited by Sazed on 8/31/2011 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Four Lords of the Diamond ; Amazing book.

And no one has said Twilight series? Surely someone has read them.(I'm going to regret mentioning pretty sparklies, aren't I...)
Reply Quote
The Gaunt's Ghosts series by Dan Abnett. He gives the characters great and unique personalities. their deaths are always shockingly well done. Abnett also gets the terror of fighting the Chaos forces across really well. Can't wait till the series finishes!
Reply Quote
The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind

Pinheads & Patriots by Bill O'Reilly

last but not least:

Arguing with Idiots by Glenn Beck
Reply Quote
No ones mentioned The Malazan Book of the Fallen yet!? If you like epics like WoT, aSoIaF, Black Company; then I highly reccomend Malazan series by Steven Erikson!

I also love me some William Gibson for sci-fi, would reccomend all his books, and everybody should read Neuromancer in their lifetime.

Growing up I loved the TSR worlds, Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms, gogo DnD!

And of course Blizzard novels because I have an addiction.
Reply Quote
And then there were none (also known as 10 little indians)
Reply Quote
Ender's Game was entertaining and I loved the rest of the series (haven't read the last to Bean books).

Someone took mine. Bean's series was great to :D
Reply Quote
Fallout: Equestria. By KKat

Also Mistborn trilogy is kickass.
Reply Quote
I finished Brave New World today, and it is one of the best books I have ever read.

I've also recently read
Faulkner's 4 main novels (Absalom, Light in August, As I lay dying, Sound and Fury) and The Sound and the Fury is without a doubt my favorite book ever.
Misery
A Farewell to Arms

Also I started Don Quixote, but I am 150 pages in, and it is just dragging on at this point, and the book is insanely long. I might just read a chapter a day or something like that and finish it in a few months.
Reply Quote
Be sure to read Aldous Huxley's "Island" at some point. It's kind of the opposite of Brave New World. I owe a lot to this book.

Also, Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon.
Reply Quote
Well if we are going for the more classics then I would strongly suggest Les Miserables by Hugo and The Jungle by Sinclair
Reply Quote
Still re-reading all of the Ender series.
IMO Hunger Games wasn't a very good series. #1 was amazing. loved it. #2 first half way boring got interesting later. #3 good idea but feels like filler and so obvious Catpiss was going to kill Coin and marry Pita Bread.
Reply Quote
^^^ correct ^^^

1 good, 2 ok, 3 terrible. The writing was never good in any of them but the story was for the first 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]