StarCraft® II

Is Blizzard Actually Going to Communicate?

It would be nice if Blizzard community people responded to some of the questions going around here. When World of Warcraft came out, if I'm remember correctly, Blizzard pulled a bit of a SOE Vision (tm) on us and pretty much refused to post/discuss/calm people. They pretty much just ploughed ahead with their Vision (tm) and ignored the user-base. After a while Blizz wisened up and started actually interacting with the people paying their bills. Who knows if that'll happen here since we already shelled out (for a very good game).

It would be nice if the community people could actually address some of the generic questions people have on this forum. Plenty of people are moaning about the ladder system. It'd be nice just to HEAR from Blizzard on their feelings about the ladder system. A simple "The ladder system will take more time to find its groove - hang on!" would assuage a lot of people, just as a simple "Well, it's not working the way we wanted - we're looking at changing it" would do the same.

Instead, we tend to get more replies to "Yo Mothership so Fat" threads.
Reply Quote
You, and everyone on the ladder would have to play at least 1000 games for the system to settle. And with people improving after each game and new players being added to the pool, it's near impossible to keep every game fair.

Don't play ladder, suffer with the system, or work to improve your game by studying (not just watching) your replays. Those are your only three options.
Reply Quote
If you bothered to do some minimal research here on the forums, you will find this nifty tool. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/blizztracker/

If you bother to put that nifty tool to use, they said they will address many of the issues brought up on the forum in an up and coming blog post.

The game has been out six days. Not weeks or months or years.
Reply Quote
Not to mention it is a weekend so you are unlikely to see many Blue responses.
Reply Quote
And the game has been in development how long? How long a game has been out is the smallest measurement of what's gone into it. They can only do relatively minimal changes to a system once it's launched.

I work in the game industry, I know the dev cycle - they missed a lot of simple stuff.
Reply Quote
And the game has been in development how long? How long a game has been out is the smallest measurement of what's gone into it. They can only do relatively minimal changes to a system once it's launched.

I work in the game industry, I know the dev cycle - they missed a lot of simple stuff.

LOL good for you. Apparently you haven't followed many Blizzard games in the past, though...there was a LOT of stuff missing from Starcraft/Warcraft 3/World of Warcraft at launch that they didn't add in until later.

Minimal changes, roflcopter...
Reply Quote
On the internet, everyone is an expert.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]