StarCraft® II

ZvZ, small maps and banelings. Only way?

It's not that I don't like using banelings, there is something satisfying about using them, but the same strat over and over gets to be dry pretty fast.

If you have a alternative, feel free to post.
Reply Quote
ZvZ is like that now. I've seen some roach strategies that work. but its mostly sling/bling into fast mutas. hopefully it evolves in the future
Reply Quote
myself I tend to favor Roach blocking as opposed to bling wars seeing as blings and lings are not the most effective comp against roaches with +1 attack (2 shotting lings and blings) then tranistioning into hydra's to deal with muta's. Once its safe to expand going for the second expo you pick it up quickly (or if you can get it earlier and use queens to block your ramp you can do that too and use spines to pick off the blings.
Reply Quote
myself I tend to favor Roach blocking as opposed to bling wars seeing as blings and lings are not the most effective comp against roaches with +1 attack (2 shotting lings and blings) then tranistioning into hydra's to deal with muta's. Once its safe to expand going for the second expo you pick it up quickly (or if you can get it earlier and use queens to block your ramp you can do that too and use spines to pick off the blings.

Any good player who sees you roach blocking would just get lair with 2nd hundred instead of banelings. then he has lair and spire faster than you. If you spam spores, then you are behind in minerals and your opponent has map control and can expand faster. GG
Reply Quote
spine crawler fast transition into muta?
but that probably wouldn't work unless you're in gold/silver/bronze
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]