Changing hydras to tier 1.5

Hello, I always thought that blizzard should had put hydras in tier 1.5 while roaches will be tier 2. Also the roaches will now have 2 armor in tier and cost 50 and 100 minnerals while hydras will have the same price in sc2 and will cost 1 food.

Discus.
Edited by MUSTKILLNOOB on 8/3/2010 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I do miss getting hydras out in the beginning but i don't think anything can be changed at this point : /
Reply Quote
That would be a bit op. Hydras have a ridiculously strong meele attack. And they are excellent AA. Perhaps it'd be better if hydralisk den built a bit faster?
Reply Quote
it takes me all of 1 minute longer in a 30 minute game to make a massive hydralisk army, moving to tier 2 is not a big a deal as you think.
Reply Quote
It's just a Lair, which you should be getting right after zergling speed anyways.

After that, it's 100/100 and 40 seconds. Hydra den is super cheap.
Reply Quote
It's just a Lair, which you should be getting right after zergling speed anyways.

After that, it's 100/100 and 40 seconds. Hydra den is super cheap.

Uh... unless you want quick banelings or roaches...

But changing hydra to 1.5 would completely break several components of the game. Most obviously would be ZvZ, as there would simply be no quick answer for banelings. ZvZ is obviously the simplest matchup to analyze. ZvZ is already favoring banelings because of the way they dominate zerglings, but it would just simply become a banelingfest.

Right now the dynamic is zergling>roach>baneling>zergling. Adding hydra would make it baneling>zergling>hydra. Extremely weak and not fun to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]