StarCraft® II

[Poll] Most overpowered / underpowered race?

Doing some polling to ask the community in their opinion what is the most op and up race in the game. I will continually update the results on the main page.
If you are going to participate, please list what race you play as your main. If you do not list a race I will judge it by your unit portrait.
Begin.
Results do far.

Terran
Overpowered- 19 votes from
11 protoss
3 zerg
2 random
3 terran
Underpowered- 2 votes from
1 protoss
1 terran

Zerg Overpowered- 1 votes from
1 protoss
Underpowered- 14 votes from
7 protoss
3 zerg
1random
3 terran

Protoss
Overpowered- 1 votes from
1 terran
Underpowered- 3 votes from
1 Zerg
2 protoss
Edited by ZergInfested on 8/5/2010 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Judge it by my unit portrait.
Reply Quote

Your protoss.
Reply Quote

Your protoss.

No fair, you checked my account. -.-'
Reply Quote
Most OP: Terran
Most UP: Zerg

This will probably make up 90% of responses. Even some Terran players will admit to this.
Edited by Xzi on 8/4/2010 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I play Terran and Zerg about equally in 2v2, 3v3 and go random in 1v1

Reply Quote
I play Protoss and have lately been playing against Gold/Platinum and winning.

Reply Quote
Play Zerg

Most UP: Protoss
Reply Quote
Play platinum random, no build orders

Most OP: Terran (I win a lot when i play this and lose a lot against it too)
Most UP: Protoss and Zerg are evenly balanced.
Reply Quote
Play Zerg

Most UP: Protoss

Wow, really? I understand you probably didn't want to put your own race as underpowered, but I can't say that I think Protoss is underpowered in any way. Except maybe against EMP, which is more of an issue with Terran being OP.
Reply Quote
IMO, anyone who says zerg is underpowered just isn't playing the race correctly.
Reply Quote
from what I've seen (from replays and my little experience so far in retail + experience in beta) none of the races are really op or up. I've seen replays of good terran players loosing to equally skill zerg players and vice versa. I've seen protoss loose to and beat zerg and terran players. most of the people saying "x is op and y i up" are mainly people who refuse to do what is neccessary to adapt in order for them to accomplish something.
Reply Quote

This will probably make up 90% of responses. Even some Terran players will admit to this.

This is a fact.

BUT I play random, because they are even more OP than terran.
Reply Quote

I played against a Zerg who told me who Toss is OP and playing against Terran is EZ mode for him though, so who knows!
Reply Quote

I haven't really sank my teeth into the multiplayer just yet. This is from Phase 2 of the Beta, paying attention to patch notes, and watching replays.
Reply Quote
I play Zerg, and I don't think any one race is over powered. That said, terrans have the most versatile buildings. Each of their 3 buildings have units that are good against armor/light air/ground. Protoss' three main buildings don't, and by that I mean the robo fac doesn't have anything that shoots air. On top of that the protoss army is extremely centered around the gateway units, and players can expect to see some of them in almost any army the protoss makes.

So, it's easier for terran to respond, or add tech because their buildings give them those options from 1 building rather than having to make a different one. But that doesn't make them over powered.
Reply Quote

I played against a Zerg who told me who Toss is OP and playing against Terran is EZ mode for him though, so who knows!

WHAT?! A zerg saying toss is OP? Zerg only has to worry about 3 things from protoss.
1) 4 gate
2) Colossi
3) Templar

The problem with 4 gate is that you have to use a very specific build to stop it. As ofr the other two, you basically mass hydras, a few roaches and get one other unit to deal with those two (depending on which they go)
Edited by Trogdor on 8/4/2010 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You keep appearing in mine, too. I was thinking to myself "Did I change my icon and do I have a split personality?"

How many people have gotten your name so far?

I've had two recognize it in about 90 games.
Reply Quote
IMO, anyone who says zerg is underpowered just isn't playing the race correctly.

From the guy with 5 total 1v1 league games and whose main race is Terran.

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]