StarCraft® II

[Poll] Most overpowered / underpowered race?

I play terran, and i would have to say that any race is op if played that way. However zerg is the most op race i know of, you can send in your army at first to see what they have then build counter units from the larva you have pooled. If you have ever watched a pro zerg player they tend to control the field. But, if your new and like masters and under terran would be the most op because they are easier to use, but zerg has way more tricks then terran. Im also going to say that terran is u.p. at end game and that toss is u.p. at the beginning. but zerg if played right is never u.p. they are just extremely hard to play. a lot more skill to play them, il admit it.
Reply Quote
08/04/2010 06:56 AMPosted by Xzi
Most OP: Terran
Most UP: Zerg

This will probably make up 90% of responses. Even some Terran players will admit to this.

And random admitting this too.,
08/04/2010 06:56 AMPosted by Xzi
Most OP: Terran
Most UP: Zerg

This will probably make up 90% of responses. Even some Terran players will admit to this.

And a random playing admitting this too.

05/11/2011 09:51 PMPosted by RoyalPrick
I play terran, and i would have to say that any race is op if played that way. However zerg is the most op race i know of, you can send in your army at first to see what they have then build counter units from the larva you have pooled. If you have ever watched a pro zerg player they tend to control the field. But, if your new and like masters and under terran would be the most op because they are easier to use, but zerg has way more tricks then terran. Im also going to say that terran is u.p. at end game and that toss is u.p. at the beginning. but zerg if played right is never u.p. they are just extremely hard to play. a lot more skill to play them, il admit it.

Um..doesn't it just mean that at the same skill level, Terran > Zerg?
Reply Quote
I wouldnt say zerg is the underpowered. I would just say its the hardest race to play while protoss is really easy.
All because a race is easier to play doesnt make it Overpowered. Its just that there are more mechanics that you have to be attentive to instead of the other races.
For instance larva injecting. Warpgate automatically cooldown as if the larva is regenerating on its own. And the need to spread creep to be ready for an attack. Needing to sacrifice overlords for scouting information vs a simple scan from the orbital command. Thingsl ike that doesnt make something overpowered. Just harder to execute.

Theres a reason why the best protoss players have their whole army on one hotkey vs zerg pros that have their army on at least 3 differnt hotkeys
Edited by Hit on 5/12/2011 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
From my (Protoss) perspective, I'd say the game seems pretty balanced overall. If any of the 3 races are OP/UP i'd say:

Slightly UP: Terran
Slightly OP: Zerg

Reply Quote
most op: protoss
most up: zerg

play mostly zerg

race with simple winning strat: protoss 4 gate
race with most diversified units and strats: terran
race with least amount of units: zerg

protoss with high shield regen rate, most splash damage of any race, best scouting, best income rate, forcefield, chronoboost, best detection and warpgate easily puts protoss above other races in terms of equality.
Edited by boristhebd on 5/12/2011 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Play Protoss

Terran: OP
I won't vote on an UP.

Reply Quote
this came from last year....
Reply Quote
MOST OP throughtout the early and mid game Terran
MOST OP late game Protoss

UP Zerg
Reply Quote
I think Protoss is a bit overpowered. Being able to pump out 6 Void Rays before 8:00 is pretty stupid, especially considering the cost vs strength analysis of Void Rays.

Zerg seem to be way nerfed for SC2. It seems like every race can wall and rush except zerg, and that's what 90% of the game is about.
Reply Quote
I say protoss
Reply Quote
OP: Terran
UP: Protoss
Reply Quote
this should get bumped because it's changed

OP: Zerg
UP: Protoss
Reply Quote
terran not op just look at the top players, msot of them are protoss and zerg
Reply Quote
all these people say terran is op because they msot lieky play protoss the most op race in the game by far
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]