StarCraft® II

Old school LotR map

It would be cool to see something like Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2. Were inside the layers of walls where barracks and other training/upgrade buildings on each level of the castle.
Reply Quote
It would be cool to see something like Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2. Were inside the layers of walls where barracks and other training/upgrade buildings on each level of the castle.

Most LotR maps don't have room to accommodate for a large-scale representation of a single location due to the size of the terrain the map accounts for. However, such a depiction would be excellent (and required, in my opinion) for a Battle of the Pelennor Fields map.
Edited by Kalreborn on 8/15/2010 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't know if there's somewhere else you want me to put this diablito, but I've found a few balance issues/bugs.

The first zeg ground upgrade for brown takes FOREVER. A lot longer than the others. The tiny ultralisks also don't receive the upgrade. The easterling camp is cool, but never spawns anything.

As far as balance goes, there is so much money that doriath can just turtle brethil forever. It sucks. I'd either make less money or make cannons cost a lot more.

Other than that, it feels really good. Sauron's position is probably the toughest to defend. It kinda sucks.

Edit: haha! Reposted in appropriate thread.
Edited by Telchar on 8/15/2010 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Limited progress today due to hot weather.

All units are created. Only Mouth of Sauron won't attack currently. All non-victory/defeat storyline triggers are in place. All rescuable triggers in place. All observer triggers are in place. Only worker, castle, victory/defeat, and spawning triggers remaining to create. Everything else is "fluff" at this point - prettying-up terrain, fixing some broken missile launch models and other animation links. Upgrades and special skills (dark swarm, et cetera) to be completed after beta version is published.
Reply Quote
Let me know when you release it.
Reply Quote
The Rings of Power is complete, but the map seems to cause StarCraft to lock up and crash after a photon cannon is destroyed. I think the issue has to do with the spawn triggers being incredibly long, on top of running some checks every time a unit is killed. Hopefully the problem will be fixed after I completely rebuild the spawning system. Since I'm already doing this, I'll be incorporating the faction selection system into the map while I'm at it.
Reply Quote
I remember the good ol Helms Deep maps, fun as heck - also unballenced as heck but still fun! - Im also interested to see how these maps you guys are talking about play out.
Reply Quote
Diablito has had Pre-LotR out as a beta for a while. The Rings of Power isn't out yet because I've been trying to polish it up as much as possible. Currently, the map seems to work entirely, but I'm going back to clean up broken attack animations and rebalance some heroes.
Reply Quote
Kalreborn follows the Blizzard policy on release times.
Reply Quote
Kalreborn's policy for release times is, "It's done when it's done, and I'll take as much time as I deem that requires." I'm not being paid for this, y'know. =P
Reply Quote
That is the Blizzard policy :)
Reply Quote
The difference is that Blizzard is paid to take their time, and I'm taking my time because I'm not being paid. ;)
Reply Quote
We also need LOTR: Last Alliance. That was the classic LOTR map from SC1.
Reply Quote
In my experience, LotR v LA was the map for people who werent very good at LotR games.
Reply Quote
I have heard one or two people say they'd like to remake it, but no one has taken up that project officially. Also, Last Alliance was not "the classic".
Reply Quote
I should be releasing a good Helms Deep map within a few days. Working on balance and adding one or two things in but it's done for the most part. Stay tuned! :P
Reply Quote
Atlos, you = my hero! my only suggestion is if you do it how the old one was done please give each player at least a few troops , thats what I hated about the old one, - woo i got gimli hes cool, hes a good hero i have a cool hero - and...5 "swordsmen? yeah...im real useful. :P but yeah, can't wait for it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]