StarCraft® II

Promotion Issues

Hi All,

I've been holding 2nd in my division for awhile, I am a Gold player, however the only opponents I play are Platinum and Diamond, and I still seem to win more than I lose, why have I not got a promotion to Platinum at least? I don't get it.
Reply Quote
Start losing. They will keep putting you up against stiffer competition until you have a 50-50 win loss against that group, then put you with them.
Reply Quote
If you lose 5 matches, and then win your next match after that, it seems to bump you up into the next division.
Reply Quote
If what hoopaholik says is true I'd keep winning until your win/loss ratio is so high they put you in a pro league when they open it lol. On the other hand I'm going to have to get up to 50/50 in order to move up I guess.
Reply Quote
If you lose 5 matches, and then win your next match after that, it seems to bump you up into the next division.

Losing 3 then winning 1 is what I had to do to go from gold to plat. I think it's an issue with the system not knowing what rank exactly to start you off at in your new league.
Reply Quote
So we have to tank games to get promoted? This doesn't seem to make sense. I just played against a platinum and a diamond player back to back, and I'm in gold. My win percentage is way above the others in my league, yet im still stuck in gold, but I don't really want to tank games. Some insight into how the promotion system actually works would be helpful.
Reply Quote
So we have to tank games to get promoted? This doesn't seem to make sense. I just played against a platinum and a diamond player back to back, and I'm in gold. My win percentage is way above the others in my league, yet im still stuck in gold, but I don't really want to tank games. Some insight into how the promotion system actually works would be helpful.

Yea, like I said, I think it's a bug. That's why some people aren't being promoted when they should be.
Reply Quote
What if you are placed in a League like Silver and you remain at the top of the ladder, but then suddenly move up to Gold half way through the season? I would be kind of pissed being at the top of the ladder then getting moved and finishing at the bottom of the Gold ladder.

What actually happens when you move up? Start up a new division from scratch? How long are the Leagues? 3 months? Also, if you move up then the division you were in has 1 less player.

Would be nice to get some more detail on the leagues.
Reply Quote
Looks like its true, I lost 2 or 3 games and won one and I got promoted to Diamond. Interesting. I didn't try to lose them though, wish I could say I did, haha.
Reply Quote
But I don't know if I'm Diamond material, haha.
Reply Quote
What if you are placed in a League like Silver and you remain at the top of the ladder, but then suddenly move up to Gold half way through the season? I would be kind of pissed being at the top of the ladder then getting moved and finishing at the bottom of the Gold ladder.

What actually happens when you move up? Start up a new division from scratch? How long are the Leagues? 3 months? Also, if you move up then the division you were in has 1 less player.

Would be nice to get some more detail on the leagues.

It's all pretty much in the leagues and ladders FAQ. You'll be respected more as a low gold player than as a high silver player, so that's really a non-issue.

Currently there aren't any ladder seasons. That's something they plan to implement later. Warcraft 3 didn't have them for a LONG time, either.

There are always 100 players in each division. If you get promoted, somebody else is being either promoted or demoted to fill your old division spot. Although you'd think the exact number of players in the game wouldn't be divisible by 100, so there must be one league division with like 63 players out there. Maybe a bronze division, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]