StarCraft® II

Game Freeze

Several times my game will freeze and black lines will shoot up from the bottom of my screen. I'm using a MacBook and I have the game downloaded. Please help.
Reply Quote
Could you be specific on what Macbook you have? By that I mean what year was it first bought. A good portion of the older Macbook models have video cards that do not support SC2. Consult the sticky threads for more details.
Reply Quote
I have the very first generation Macbook Pro, and it says right on the box that ATI Radeon X1600 is supported.

I have also had several instances when the game would completely freeze. Oddly, these freezes have been almost exclusively in the lobby type areas or upon loading a campaign game, not when I'm playing the actual missions.

Still, I'm just thrilled that I can play Starcraft II on my machine. I never thought it would be possible.
Reply Quote
I would like to add that Frost's guide, specifically:

frameratecap=30
frameratecapGlue=30

added to the Variables text file

solved everything.

I had crashed five times in a row in the same spot in a loading screen, and this one modification saved me. I've only crashed once or twice since, and I've played for a few hours since.
Edited by Rooze on 8/3/2010 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]