StarCraft® II

United Earth Directorate

I want to know if someone may make Terran version of "In utter darkness". Siege tanks and mm and vikings own those zerg and hybrid very fast.
Reply Quote
Man..the UED video of the victory over the zerg, is so nostalgic. Nothing beats that, the all glorious imperial earth forces conquering the aliens. The UED has to return with a new fleet, ready to wreak havoc in the korpulu sector. :)
Edited by SuperKyle on 8/10/2010 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Who knows but Im sure that earth must have been informed somehow.... General DuGalle did send a message to his wife right before he offed himself

I think he wrote it just to write it. Or either for cinema effects/telling the story. Either way Earth never heard from the UED again.
Reply Quote
It just said that no UED ship made it back to Earth, it didn't say they were all destroyed.

Even one of the mercenary groups you can hire are remnants of the UED.
Reply Quote
That and if the UED was able to spy on the sector with no spies or other manpower, they must have found out about what happened.
Reply Quote
stukov is not dead.
check starcraft wiki, starcraft timeline, stukov's missions
Edited by Vlaed on 8/10/2010 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What I want to know is why is the UED using the exact same units and technology that the Terrans use who are already in the sector?
Reply Quote
What I want to know is why is the UED using the exact same units and technology that the Terrans use who are already in the sector?

I can't say why they're using the same #%#* with their initial force, but most of their troops are actually koprulu locals. It's only after like the third mission that they establish their foothold and start using dominion architecture, isn't it?
Reply Quote
i dont think we'll see the strongest faction swoop in on the zerg or protoss expansion anytime soon. maybe in sc3.
Reply Quote

My theory is that the sort of gas and minerals in the sector are not able to be used to make, use, or otherwise develop Earth-based technology. The only things they could use Earth-wise is tech that closely matches local tech.
Reply Quote

they brought the valkiries
Reply Quote
Yes but they also sent them under prepared and funded, they needed to jack Dominion Battlecruisers. I think the expedition was more a vanguard wave to set a foot hold and report back, they just happened to do more.

They weren't under prepared or funded. It's more of an issue of logistics when we are talking about bringing in a whole fleets of battle cruisers and whatnot. And if anything, you supply the "tip of the spear", your vanguards the best since they are the ones that are suppose to make the breakthroughs (like how you use armor divisions instead of infantry divisions for breakthrough during WWII).

And in the ending DeGaulle said "the creatures we were sent here to tame, are untameable", meaning that it was their mission to conquer the sector, including the overmind.
Reply Quote
I think if an expoditionary force can conqouer the dominoin and enslave the Zerg, their full force could definetly do a lot of damage. I think they should play a larger role in Starcraft in were the UED take greater measures to ensure the safty of Earth by expanding into space and making a Defence line between the korplu sector and Earth space. It would be like a Romulan Nuetral Zone. Were the korplu races and Earth forces regularly clash in small skirmishes.
Reply Quote
08/10/2010 01:39 AMPosted by methodd
It just said that no UED ship made it back to Earth, it didn't say they were all destroyed.

Even one of the mercenary groups you can hire are remnants of the UED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGlVTIL8Oc
Reply Quote
08/02/2010 09:10 AMPosted by Fors
Though in the wider lore there is the possibility of Stukov starting something up.

Wasn't he killed in Brood War? I mean, guilt over having Stukov killed at Duran's behest was what drove him to suicide to begin with.
Reply Quote
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection_IV
Reply Quote
well stukov can be bring back to life. let see his body was sent to space then captured by zerg who then somehow control mercenaries to bring stukov back to life. Also in starcraft lore it seems some changes or events is happening to UED after events of brood war are over. Maybe duran pulled lelouch and became ruler of earth and is preparing them for something he planning to do in the future
Edited by Korialstrasz on 8/30/2012 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
BAD NECRO!!
Reply Quote
People keep saying that the entire UED was defeated. This is not the case, the UED in Brood War was merely a task force, representing like 1/3 or 1/4 of the entire UED fleet. If the ENTIRED UED had been there in Brood War, it would not have ended the same way.
Reply Quote
08/02/2010 11:01 AMPosted by Psycho
I think the UED realized that they were better off not in control of the colonies. It is debatable how strong old earth really is. The UED showed up just in time for the Confederacy/Dominion civil war and were able to do some real damage. They foolishly lost a lot of men trying to control the zerg and needed to head home.

They probably realized that the Zerg was too much of a threat and that Earth was too far out of the way to warrant another attempt of controlling the colonies. Perhaps the UED will come out of hiding once the Zerg have been destroyed. This would leave the protoss/human colonies easy for the taking.

The UED is smart to sit this battle out and rebuild their forces.

The only reason the Zerg was able to defeat them is because of the combined forces of the Terrans, Protoss and Zerg...

I think that means they are pretty powerful

They are. The UED only sent an Expeditionary Fleet, and as you said it took all three of them to topple the Admiral. >=) I'm sure the full might of Earth could match or possibly out-match the Protoss BEFORE the fall of Aiur - unlike the Koprulu sector, their region of space is fully uncontested.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]