StarCraft® II

Cheap Laptop for SC2?

Anyone have any suggestions for a sub $700 laptop that would be able to play SC2 on like low settings?

My brother wants to play the game, but he would need a computer first and space is an issue so a desktop would not be ideal.
Reply Quote
Honestly for SC2 with a laptop you're going to be spending more than $700. I'd strongly recommend upping your laptop budget by $300-500 before hoping to get a good framerate on SC2 with any settings. Unless laptops have gotten significantly cheaper in the last year or so, I am pretty certain about what I'm saying. However, I will look around for an example of a laptop that you would enjoy playing SC2 on.
Reply Quote
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6314146&CatId=4938
$929.99
It is better than my laptop, which runs SC2 decently on modest settings until the unit count approaches 400+ (not to be confused with food, I literally mean the number of units in play). It also has a nice big screen and a numpad which is nice.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Reply Quote
HERE YOU GO:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6471592&CatId=4948
$749.99 I take back what I said earlier. This is also probably a bit of a better deal than the last one I posted, but honestly, for a laptop I'd get it from Best Buy and get the black tie protection so that when the inevitable irreparable damage happens you can get the thing replaced without paying for a whole new computer.
Reply Quote
Dude you are the man, thanks. This looks really good.
And yeah that Best Buy deal is sounding pretty good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]