StarCraft® II

Favorite movie?

I've either lived too long or not long enough to have a favorite movie.

Right now though, I'm going to have to offer up "Let Me In" as one recent movie that is missing from these lists. (Yes, I know all about the book and the Swedish film)

Other movies missing from this thread...
The recently restored version of Metropolis. I never saw the shortened version that survived for most of the last century, but I can imagine what it was like if the extra scenes weren't there.

Anything by Terry Gilliam... (do I have to make a list? Seriously, just file him on the shelf next to Sam Raimi)

While I'm thinking about favorite directors, I can't forget Jean-Pierre Jeunet
MicMacs was fun but it wasn't as good as The City of Lost Children or Delicatessen

Gunslinger Girl is easily the most concise, beautiful and satisfying anime I've ever seen squeezed into a single season. (Rumors abound about a second season; don't believe them)

Repo Men deserves to be on a favorites list. I also think it is unfair to compare it to Repo: The Genetic Opera (which also deserves to be on a favorites list).

RoboCop despite the many sequels that I just can't ignore.

I'm going to stop there, but I reserve the right to continue later.
Reply Quote
As a gamer i definately recommand and enjoyed

Scott Pilgrim Vs the world

Reply Quote
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Reply Quote
Spring Summer Fall Winter... and Spring
lol korea
The movie is really good though! It's about life and death and redemption and weird things. There's a fair amount of Buddhism symbolism I probably missed but it's still a great film.

Close second is City of God: continuing the trend, it's Brazilian. I love me some subtitles.
It's a partially-true story about the slums near Rio and the gang warfare and poverty within them.
Reply Quote

I know a lot of people will get me now because mostly everyone here hates it because it's the same kind of story as Pocahontas and Dances with wolves but I don't give a crap. I like it because it was a gateway to a new world and I do like the story of discovering a new world that is more than meets the eye. Plus this move is a real spark for people around the world for the most obvious message of the world... Save this planet! I stand with my beliefs and say blue people with tails are awesome!

And one more thing, Neytiri is 10 times hotter than Kerrigan, Nova and Selendis combined.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think it might be The Two Towers (Extended Edition) for me.

I really love that movie.
Reply Quote
For me, it must be Battle of Los Angeles
That movie was beast. Especially the lazing teh mizziles.
Reply Quote
ya two towers was good but for me it was the first one (the fellowship of the ring) that was my favorite waht with the mines of moria and all that especially the balrog =)

but my favorite favorite movie i think would be Terminator Salvation
Reply Quote
Psh, probably either World War Z the move when it comes out in a year or two, or Blizzard cinematics.
Reply Quote
cant go wrong with blizzard cinematics and im still waiting for the warcraft movie
Reply Quote

I love all the LOTR movies, they are great.

But my favorites are:
Princess Mononoke- wonderful animation, great story, great music. If you have not seen it yet you should. Hayao Miyazaki is the best animator alive.
Seven Samurai- An Akira Kurosawa masterpiece, kinda long but brilliant, especially for a film from the 50s (is black and white)
Reply Quote

<3
Reply Quote
Batman and Robin

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!
Reply Quote
Batman and Robin

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/Oathkeeper_Hikaru/TrollFace.png
Reply Quote
Batman and Robin

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

Allow me to break the ICE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I
Edited by IAreLemons on 5/12/2011 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How about some classics compared to all this recent stuff?

It's a Wonderful Life
The Sting
12 Angry Men
Reply Quote
In no particular order, Terminator 2, Jurasic Park, Back to the Future, LoTR: Return of the King, Pan's Labrynth (everything said here is true), The Good the Bad and the Ugly, True Grit (remake), Gran Torino, Throne of Blood, and many more... the cinema is trully a great gift.
Reply Quote
Unstoppable was good.
Reply Quote
Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. Or Innception. Or Starcraft: The Movie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]