StarCraft® II

Paper cell phones

So this sounds like an incredibly cool concept, but I'm not 100% sure that this would be practical for a phone. What do you people think?

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Hang+iPhone+here+comes+paper+phone/4730253/story.html
Reply Quote
I think this is 30+ years off.
Reply Quote
That's practycal, but the display has low quality, and it's not as cool as an iPhone xD
Reply Quote
Imagine those displays for Diagnostic Systems for large operations. They would be useful in any manned space mission as every little bit of weight counts and those are much lighter than any laptop. These would also be good for military use.

When it's used in the military on a decent scale, then we'll be about 5-10 yrs from getting it publicly.
Reply Quote
It can have a paper airplane app where it turns white and folds into an airplane!
Reply Quote
05/05/2011 04:57 PMPosted by FlashThunder
I think this is 30+ years off.

If people wanted flexible cell phones we would have them in a lot less than 30 years. That other guy was spot on when he said it would be 10 years and would be developed by the military. The main application of this I think is some sort of "smart" paper that would require a cheap way of inputting commands.
Reply Quote
The best part of this is that we can connect the developing world with the global information grid cheaply.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]