StarCraft® II

Suggestion: Let us use numbers in our names

I want to use numbers in my name. I don't want to be Void, I want to be Void2258, a name that everyone who knows me will instantly be able to identify me by. The name I have used for years in all my online gaming.
I realize that this may be some technical requirement due to the character code system, but honestly, just put the character code in a unique field to prevent data clashing. Restricting our names makes us even more anonymous, which is already bad enough since the system allows duplicate naming. Being the 40th person who's only visible id is 'Void' or 'Killer' or 'Fenris', most of whom have the same portraits, renders all of us faceless. Even your own forum system can't tell us apart, and just displays all the posts by anyone with the same name if even if you click 'show my posts' from in your profile.
While we're at it multiple word names would be even better.
Edited by Void on 7/30/2010 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I concur.
God knows how many people will want to name their account after the black doctor from Scrubs
Reply Quote
Yeah, that really irked me about SC2. Though if they add this feature which they should, they will probably charge for it. Stupid sauce.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]