StarCraft® II

Terran vs. Protoss, How do i...

Stop those mass amounts of ships?

They usually send 1-3 motherships, and about 8 Carrier and shooting tons of Interceptors all my missile turrents are busy shooting the Interceptors, but theres no way to kill them all, I had a base with about 15-20 missle turrents and still got my beat down.

I can upload the replay if you want. So far thats the only way he (my bro) can beat me, is if he sends in the ships.
Reply Quote
He really shouldn't be able to get 3 motherships...you'd have to be a long way into the game before he could amass that many units. There's 4 buildings you need to get before the mothership and the mothership itself costs the same as a base. Just marauder rush early on and he's screwed.
Reply Quote
and about 8 Carrier and shooting tons of Interceptors all my missile turrents are busy shooting the Interceptors, but theres no way to kill them all, I had a base with about 15-20 missle turrents and still got my beat down.

you could always just target the carrier instead of the interceptors........ assuming they are in range i guess.
Reply Quote
Yeah if you double click your missle turrets you can tell them to attack the carriers if they're in range. I don't build up too many turrets though, I find it's better to snipe with a bunch of vikings and yamato cannons (which I think should fire a bit faster, or else abilities like sci storm should have a bit of a 'cast time' too.. but thats for another thread:) units are also better to use than structures because they are mobile so you can protect your expansions and go on the offensive with them. If your enemy is getting motherships it's also usually a sign that you need to be finding ways to hit and run their expansions/miners. But once they get carrier blobs with backup it can be pretty hard to come back so prevention is the best method to practice :)

I'm already starting to get a bit tired of the blobs of units. It just feels more like games are rock/paper/scissor blobs playing cat and mouse with each other :/ I hope the expansions add some more diversity/options that are useful.
Reply Quote
ok, I noticed noone here actually presented an actual answer.

but the answer is vikings. don't make thor.

vikings and marines

if you make an equal number resource-wise of units, then carriers should lose vs marines/vikings.
Reply Quote
How long are your games going? Six hours? And what is this, practice league?

FYI you can only have one Mothership out at a time...

Troll?
Reply Quote

They usually send 1-3 motherships, and about 8 Carrier and shooting tons of Interceptors all my missile turrents are busy shooting the Interceptors, but theres no way to kill them all, I had a base with about 15-20 missle turrents and still got my beat down.

I can upload the replay if you want. So far thats the only way he (my bro) can beat me, is if he sends in the ships.

1/10, you can only have 1 mothership.

Reply Quote

Troll is a success
Reply Quote
Carriers absolutely destroy marines. Have you ever sent a Marine force against carriers? not a pretty sight...
Reply Quote

Troll is a success

unsucessful troll is unsucessful
Reply Quote
Carriers absolutely destroy marines. Have you ever sent a Marine force against carriers? not a pretty sight...

I would hope so, considering marines are tier 1 and have a build time of 25, whereas carriers are tier 3 and have a build time of 120. If the most effective AA you have as a Terran player is marines by the time your Protoss opponent gets out a carrier, you fail. Not only at Starcraft 2, but at life in general.
Edited by Xzi on 8/1/2010 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First you should LOL at the protoss for getting Carriers, Second, just focus fire the Mothership then Carriers. Then hope the Protoss doesn't learn that Void Rays > Carriers.
Reply Quote
I find scouting very helpful. When I was first starting out, I'd be pumping out a simple Terran mix and all of the sudden 5-6 void rays would roll through my base out of nowhere. Now I keep an eye on their base (scan and early scout) and watch to see what they're up to. If a Protoss player is making air, I generally make lots of missile turrets and vikings to counter them. It's not that difficult to stop an air attack, as long as you know it's coming.

Reply Quote
Thx for reply guys.

And no im not a troll, im a newbie short and simple.

(I even went to another site for the names of the units because I didnt now what they where)
Reply Quote
I lolled at the original post. This is too good to be a troll.
Reply Quote
I hate when they bring 3 motherships.
Reply Quote
I know right I was rushed at 8 min by 3 motherships.
Reply Quote
Lul, troll is troll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]