StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Theorycraft

If SC1 is by any means an indication of SC2. Heart of The Swarm could very well be you playing as a protoss/zerg hybrid learning to control and establish power. I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be playing as this hybrid from Zeratuls flashback. In SC1 when you played as zerg you took the role of the evil zerg force. Unless they plan to make the majority of WofL mute by having Kerrigan revert to some evil nature and regain power.

The story would make alot of sense if you play as this hybrid working with the Xel Naga perhaps even with Emp Mengsk (secret mission/trying to restablish power) and work out whatever mysterious plan blizzard has cooped up. This would open up with the third part to the trilogy in trying to stop this universal destruction.

And Ive just given you the whole trilogy, obviously the actual story will differ will various wholes in my hypothesis filled.

Any other interesting theories?
Reply Quote
It is confirmed that you will play as Kerrigan and that it will be based on new mutations and improving Kerrigan.

As such it is easy to deduce what the plot will be about ( return the Queen of Blades to her former glory).

Can't wait to see how this will turn out.
Reply Quote
Hoping for the return of the playable cerebrate.
And Daggoth!
Oh, right...
Reply Quote
Right. Zeratul reveals that Kerrigan is the only one who can save them now, and that is why Jim wasn't supposed to kill her. The Heart of the Swarm will probably be about her preparing herself to be ready, because she will realize her importance to the survival of all.
Reply Quote
I kinda hope Hanson has more to play as a zerg minion, I have suspicions that she was certainly involved in the infestation after what Tosh is said (he got a lot of things right.)
Reply Quote
I really hope they don't make Kerrigan revert. It will kinda make everything that happened kinda pointless.
Reply Quote
Very nice, I hadn't had a chance to check out any of that info. Focased on Kerrigan will be great as long as she doesn't revert, ya that would have made WofL largely pointless. However I had been wanting to play as the hybrid.... So badass.
Reply Quote
Both cerebrates from Starcraft are dead.
The one from vanilla was killed by Zeratul, the one from BW was killed by Kerrigan.

Seriously, you would think more people had read the wiki...
Reply Quote
I kinda hope Hanson has more to play as a zerg minion, I have suspicions that she was certainly involved in the infestation after what Tosh is said (he got a lot of things right.)
You chose Hanson as opposed to the Protoss didn't you?
Reply Quote
Her mutations will probably just allow her to control more advanced Zerg units during the campaign along with improvements to her spells and what not, It's probably going to be similar to the credit and research point system this first game used.
Reply Quote
Both cerebrates from Starcraft are dead.
The one from vanilla was killed by Zeratul, the one from BW was killed by Kerrigan.

Seriously, you would think more people had read the wiki...

Kerrigan killing you after BW is news to me.
Besides, when has a character being dead ever stopped Blizzard from writing them into the plot?
Reply Quote
You chose Hanson as opposed to the Protoss didn't you?

I did protoss then Hanson, but I believe that in future expansion it is believed you saved the colonists and sided with Tosh.
Reply Quote
Who the hell knows? They might get some tech to keep your current WoL campaign info, and add references to these choices in the HotS
Reply Quote

Besides, when has a character being dead ever stopped Blizzard from writing them into the plot?

Tassadar's appearance was ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Tassadar's appearance was ridiculous.

He's filled with energies beyond our understanding. The templar/dark templar energies combined. He's like a ghost (not the game type).
Reply Quote
Tassadar is now a Jedi and I'm pretty sure they revived Medivh in WC3
Reply Quote
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_II:_Heart_of_the_Swarm
See the citations.
Reply Quote
It's pretty obvious that it will be about Kerrigan regaining her powers to lead the Zerg against the Xel'Naga. I'm glad to see it that way, people say the Zerg ought to be evil, but when it comes right down to it, horrifying as they may be, they have always been either animals following instinct, or weapons obeying whoever pulls the trigger. We know by confirmation that Heart of the swarm will be about Kerrigan, and if they make her evil again, than what was the point of Wings of Liberty? It will have all been completely pointless.

But in more original news, I'm predicting a Dominion Civil war between Mengsk Sr. and Mengsk Jr. with Valerian claiming he defeated the Queen of Blades, while his father destroyed Tarsonis, while Arcturus claims that Valerian is a lying little bastard because the Zerg are still active, and attacking (unbeknownst to the people, Under new management.) I can only hope we'll be seeing more of good old General Warfield.
Edited by MadLurker on 8/1/2010 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Think perhaps, like one of the news casts in the game said, a peace/alliance between the terrans and zerg?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]