StarCraft® II

Platinum league?!

After playing about half my practice league games, and several 1v1 custom games I decided to see which league they would throw me into. I won every placement game except my second and was very very surprised to find that I was thrown into 85th place in a platinum league.

Is this normal? How accurate are the placement games and do they just go on wins alone?

I played one ranked game so far and was killed by quick voidrays (was expecting stalkers - hence why I don't think I should be in this league).

Will I eventually be dropped into a lower league? how long will it take? And what is a good way to prepare for/scout/counter a voidray rush as a terran player?

thank you!
Reply Quote
yes you will and this isn't the first thread of its kind. please scan the first page and look at the other 15 threads with the exact same content
Reply Quote
4-1 will usually get you placed in high gold/low plat. So yea, it's normal. Placement goes off of your record and WHO you played against in placement. You must have beat one or two high gold players.

You will be dropped down to gold eventually if you fall too far below a 50-50 record. I can't give you an exact timeframe.

As far as countering a void rush goes, it's as simple as scouting out the early stargate and then building marines/stalkers/2 queens.
Reply Quote
Xzi - Thanks for the info, I guess I need to pay more attention to scouting from now on
Reply Quote
I was also wondering, If I am in the platinum league, do I only play other players within that league?
Reply Quote
I see, I thought the leagues were a good idea but now they seem quite pointless... I just checked my recent games and although I am in the Platinum league I haven't faced a single other Platinum player. I lost twice, once to a bronze league and the second time I got hammered by a Diamond league. Everyone else has been gold, who, so far, I have been able to handle. Now I am 24th and I still haven't played a single platinum player. wtf?
Reply Quote
4-1 will usually get you placed in high gold/low plat. So yea, it's normal. Placement goes off of your record and WHO you played against in placement. You must have beat one or two high gold players.

You will be dropped down to gold eventually if you fall too far below a 50-50 record. I can't give you an exact timeframe.

As far as countering a void rush goes, it's as simple as scouting out the early stargate and then building marines/stalkers/2 queens.

I'm not sure I'd go with stalkers to counter voids. Armored ftl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]