StarCraft® II

Whats with the wings on the lings?

^
Reply Quote
Wings on lings brings painful things while keepin it blings.
Reply Quote
That way slow moving thors know exactly when they're #!#%ed.
Reply Quote
I personally like the wings with the speed upgrade. Makes the Zergling look less boring.
Reply Quote
I love seeing upgrades that change things visually. The wings are especially cool for the zerglings, since it stresses their whole evolution theme.

God help us in Starcraft 3 when zerglings can fly...
Reply Quote
I love seeing upgrades that change things visually. The wings are especially cool for the zerglings, since it stresses their whole evolution theme.

God help us in Starcraft 3 when zerglings can fly...

Actually zerglings will be the new scourge when they morph into flying banelings.
Reply Quote
lings with wings = speedlings
Reply Quote
they look like big crickets
Reply Quote
I think they're adorable.
Reply Quote
They're upgrade consists of Zerglings lapping up Redbull.
Reply Quote
Lings with wings are bound to perform extraordinary things.
Reply Quote
Not to be a science geek or anything, but wings on a creature wouldnt make it run faster. That only applies to aerodynamics (things that fly in the air without surface friction). Having wings on zerglings cannot possibly make their legs muscle stronger or move faster. A realistic aesthetic for speedlings would be like beefier legs or longer legs. Just my two cents.
Reply Quote
The wings on lings will make you all kings?
Reply Quote
Not to be a science geek or anything, but wings on a creature wouldnt make it run faster. That only applies to aerodynamics (things that fly in the air without surface friction). Having wings on zerglings cannot possibly make their legs muscle stronger or move faster. A realistic aesthetic for speedlings would be like beefier legs or longer legs. Just my two cents.

What about leaping through the air over small bounds and using their wings then, like chickens flying over a short distance
Reply Quote
They're upgrade consists of Zerglings lapping up Redbull.

Little known fact: The green liquid in the Spawning Pool is actually Redbull.
Reply Quote
Redbull gives you WINNNGGSS!
Reply Quote
What about leaping through the air over small bounds and using their wings then, like chickens flying over a short distance.

This is exactly right, the wings are about the extra oomph when they bound.
Reply Quote
It's kind of like adding other speed enhancing things to something, like flame decals or speed holes!

I don't think zerglings like fire or holes in them, so they opted for spoilers for their upgrade :)
Reply Quote
Someone pointed out during beta that if you're looking at a bunch of zerglings at the moment the Metabolic Boost upgrade finishes, the wings will sprout and some of them will momentarily jump as though attempting, and failing, to fly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]