StarCraft® II

Zerg player needing help ZvT

Hello all, I find that I've been having trouble 1v1ing the other races, terran in particular. If its the bio ball of MMM I have to work for infestors which generally wont be enough, if its mechs I have to work for infestors which generally wont be enough, and if he's getting valks then brood lords wont be enough either because they kill my brood lords before my corruptors kill them. This is assuming I even have a chance to tech to brood lords which seem to be my only chance late game. I have two replays I'd like critique on or any other advice you could offer, the first is a loss and the second a victory; any help is appreciated. I'm not calling zerg underpowered and im not trying to sound like im qqing, I just want help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fx26l5z6ulb4rkj
http://www.mediafire.com/?o7r4f4y2ry9mien

(I know, I messed up my micro during the first encounter of the lost game. I just dont understand how I can lose to someone while I have an expansion and he doesnt, and until the end I don't have a surplus of minerals.)
Reply Quote
Mass baneling/zergling can handle bio balls just fine. Add an infestor and you easily win. Of all the strategies terran can use against zerg, bio ball is the easiest to counter.
Reply Quote
he ravened my second shot at banelings, but with wall up how should I know whether he's bio balling, meching, or even valking? isnt it a little risky to just pump out banelings and zerglings?
Reply Quote
he ravened my second shot at banelings, but with wall up how should I know whether he's bio balling, meching, or even valking? isnt it a little risky to just pump out banelings and zerglings?
Scout with a suicide overlord, or use a changeling (sweet scout.) Early game he is going to have infintry/hellions so ya lings will be enough, don't even need banelings till he has medivacs. Of course need a spine crawler or 2 and get ling speed for dealing with the hellions(only fight on creep where your lings are fast enough with speed.)
Reply Quote
You can tell by running a zergling up the ramp and watching to see what kills it. If he has a ton of MM you can expect bio, if you see tanks then he's going mech, and if you see only a small number of units you should get suspicious and send an overlord into the back of his base to look for fast teching of some sort.
Reply Quote
all good ideas, I had never even thought of a changeling S:
Reply Quote
Well looking at your first replay I noticed that you aren't taking advantage of your expo. If you expand you need to have both of your bases mineral fields saturated with workers. You had two bases and your opponent had one and you both had the same exact income. And income is a staple in the zerg army. Also I know tunneling movement is fun, but you should really burrow when you encounter an army on your way to his base or you should move to the base then burrow. Moving roaches underground from your base to his on scrap station takes a long time, and nullifies the mobility of the zerg (which is one of the major advantages you have over terran)

I know this doesnt specifically answer your question about army comps but if you pay attention to your own army movements and your own econ you can use both of these to jump ahead in a game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]