StarCraft® II

ZvT (Marines and Tanks)

Hey guys, I'm in the Diamond Division and I'm trying to figure out effective ways of taking out fairly early Marine Tank combos.
The only way I've been able to counter this fairly successfully is to use Broodlords. Are there any good combos or strats within the T1 or T1.5 and at most T2 units to combat this devastating combination of units?

I can beat em with roach hydra combos, however, was wondering if anyone had any tricks up their sleeves. And this is of course on maps without backdoors... only a single entrance where the terran walls up and techs to tanks.

By the time I 13 pool into baneling nest bust the wall, they've already got at least 1 tank out on the field. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Mass ling/baneling easily beats this. I do it all the time.
Reply Quote
By the time I 13 pool into baneling nest bust the wall, they've already got at least 1 tank out on the field. Thanks.

Even with that should'nt you be able to pull off the bust?

The only other thing I can think of is infested terrans, after gaining vision with a kamikaze overlord, followed by a bust and frontal attack... yet to test this out.
Edited by Ghibli on 8/3/2010 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Infestor fungal growth hit-and-runs, until the terran backs down or charges with his marines. Make sure his tanks are a bit out of position before you FG the rines though.
Reply Quote
If you're talking about the Marine/Tank timing push, mass Zerglings can do the trick if you have a favorable position, which is just about anything except them sitting against a wall in a small compact ball. Add a smidgen of Banelings and you auto-win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]