StarCraft® II

Amazing comebacks

So I'm wondering to most of you who play:
  • 1v1
  • 2v2
  • FFA
  • or etc.
  • had lost their entire base but came back with a devastating hard counter strike on their opponent?
    Reply Quote
    Ive done it a couple times...its NOT easy.
    Reply Quote
    In practice league i lost my base and the other person surrendered soon after. Can't be sure why. It was either frustration that he lost his units and doesn't want to continue the long long unranked match we had... or if he thought my thor and other units would retalliate with a vengeance. It was also very late at night and i felt like surrendering a couple times.
    Reply Quote
    I don't think you should use the term hard-counter ever. You'll grow as a player if you realize the complexity of the game.

That said, there have been numerous times in league matches where I thought all hope was lost for a victory yet ended up coming back and winning. Just remember that the other player probably isn't as powerful and ahead as you think he is.
    Reply Quote
    Well I don't normally use the term hard-counter(actually rarely say it) but yeah, there will be times that you might hit the person at the wrong time and lose your army and slowly recover from that.
    Reply Quote
    This has happened a few times during the beta, mostly in 2v2. It's only happened once so far since release, and that was tonight! haha, so satisfying.

Lost my whole base and ground army from a death push by opponents. My 2v2 buddy was down to his 2nd expo and floated all his buildings over there to rebuild as quickly as he could. Meanwhile, the 30 mutas I sent over just before our oppenents attacked wreaked havoc the enemy toss base. I managed to save one drone and kept the enemy zerg contained with mutas, went overlord hunting also. My buddy wound up with a nice mmmball and we moved in for the kill as both our bases came back from the dead.

An epic comeback!
    Edited by ZombiesOMG on 7/31/2010 11:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I was playing as zerg and lost my main and expo to a zel and sent rush, because I was kind of slow and wasnt able to spend my cash as fast as I should I had 3k minerals saved. So i ran all my probes out of my base and built 5 hatcheries at the gold minerals and pumped out mass speed lings and rushed him back and caught him by total supprise and owned him.

Probably my best comback yet, lost everything to come back with 5 hatches for the win :).
    Reply Quote
    Yeah i just did this :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/410323566/victory_from_the_grave.SC2Replay < if you wanna see.

spoiler>>>>>
    They scv rushed us and took out my base, And i ended up coming back and scoring best in units!
    Reply Quote
    i did went for a forge fast expand on blistering sands he went fast void rays..by the time he had 3 void rays at my base i had literally no units lost my main. but still had the expo so i was able to hold fend off the void rays with stalkers.. then soon as i get my main back up he kills my expo :/

heres the replay http://www.starcraft-replay.com/replays/hullucinate-vs-tristan-1280622414.php

Reply Quote
    Last night I was playing a 2v2 match (practice league). I was Zerg, and my ally Terran, and the opponents were also Zerg and Terran. Early in the match my ally sent a quick reaper rush and nearly shut down the Zerg economy, meanwhile i started to amass a force of lings and roaches, and made my way into the enemy bases choke point. When i arrived there i discovered 40-50 marines and 6 tanks. My force was wiped out (obviously should have scouted). I immediately shifted my priority to banelings.

Our opponent quickly countered with his force of marines and tanks, but by the time he arrived at our base my ally was in the opponents 2 bases with 5 medivac's filled with marines, and we were defenseless. Luckily the enemy force went after my ally's base before my own. He crippled my ally's production capabilities, and economy, and then turned his sights on my own. I managed to pump out close to 50 zergling, and turn them into banelings, and just as he reached the edge of my creep, I unleashed them all. The enemy's force melted away in a wave of green goo. All that remained was a hand full of marines and a heavily damaged siege tank. I used the rest of my vespine to crank out 5 more banelings, just as he derailed my production capabilities. This time all that remained was 1 single marine. I still had one Zergling left that i was unable to convert to baneling, I sent it after the marine and managed to take it out, thus ending the offensive.

I looked around our own bases to find only a hand full of supply depot's, and all i had left was my hatchery and 3 drones. I then turned my attention on our opponents base, having forgotten my ally had a fighting force in their bases. Just as I look he finished taking out all the opponent buildings and forcing the GG.

This wasn't really a come from behind victory I guess but rather a "by the skin of our teeth victory". Thanks for reading anyway.
    Reply Quote
    lol... in 2 games I and my opponent completely destroyed each other's mains--- then our armies clashed.... and we both had like 2-3 troops and 4-5 workers, and had to completely rebuild from scratch. It was almost literally like a game reset mid game.
    Reply Quote
    Last night I played a random 2v2 placement match. ZZvPP, I was on the zerg team.

I scouted early, saw they would likely be teching for air, and said as much on chat to my ally. He then decided to completely forgo any early forces and tech straight to hydras, and the initial double zealot rush destroyed him. I was able to micro my way out of dying as well, but he had lost his hatch. My ally then quit.

I started expanding everywhere, used his 3-4 drones that were left to rebuild his base, and used his base to complement my own forces, and massed hydras/lings. When the prots came back with lots/stalkers, I sent them packing. I then scouted and found they were getting carriers, so I got corruptors. When we met again, I once again decimated them, even though they had a mothership.

After they saw my corruptors, they went MASS stalkers, and I had to retreat, but I then got ultras/lings with hydra support and a few FG infestors, plus a few broodlords, and that was GG.

They never managed to expand beyond their naturals because I had ovies dropping creep and/or a burrowed ling at every resource node.
    Reply Quote
    I was on 4v4...I cant remember map name...anyway, We had for our plan, 2 Zerg rushers, 1 mid-game protoss, and 1 end-game protoss (me). We majorly crippled one player right off the bat with a double Zerg rush but was forced to retreat. Long story short, all 3 of my teammates were wiped out. They left, I stayed even though I lost 2 bases and only had 4 Dark Templars left for an "army". We were all in vent and they told to me to just "gg" and leave. I kept on it using guerilla warfare tactics to eventually slow em down, all the while while building void rays at another base in some isolated section. I wiped out the 2 protoss in a swift void ray spam, destroyed all the SCVs of the 2 Terrans, and both of their Command Centers. Last guy was holed up in his base with a ton of AA turrets and a handful of marines. I had all the remaining resources. Carriers sealed the deal and I won. The replay was 1 hour and 53 minutes, but I'm proud.
    Reply Quote
    I was on 4v4...I cant remember map name...anyway, We had for our plan, 2 Zerg rushers, 1 mid-game protoss, and 1 end-game protoss (me). We majorly crippled one player right off the bat with a double Zerg rush but was forced to retreat. Long story short, all 3 of my teammates were wiped out. They left, I stayed even though I lost 2 bases and only had 4 Dark Templars left for an "army". We were all in vent and they told to me to just "gg" and leave. I kept on it using guerilla warfare tactics to eventually slow em down, all the while while building void rays at another base in some isolated section. I wiped out the 2 protoss in a swift void ray spam, destroyed all the SCVs of the 2 Terrans, and both of their Command Centers. Last guy was holed up in his base with a ton of AA turrets and a handful of marines. I had all the remaining resources. Carriers sealed the deal and I won. The replay was 1 hour and 53 minutes, but I'm proud.

Do you have the replay? that sounds epic, i'd love to see it :D
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]