StarCraft® II

What You Can't Do After Beating the Campaign

Like what many people did after buying SC2, I immediately jumped into the campaign. I didn't worry about achievements, unlocking missions, or completing all the research and armory objectives. I just wanted to advance the story as fast as possible. I figured I could always go back later and do it more thoroughly. Whoops! It turns out there are a whole bunch of things you can't do anymore if you complete the campaign. Here's a list of what I've found so far:

• You can't unlock the mission "Piercing the Shroud." You can go back to an old autosave in "Media Blitz," unlock the secret mission, and then get credit for all the achievements, but unless you want to at the very least beat all the Char missions again, you'll be stuck with 25/26 in your mission list.

• You can't spend any credits in the armory to give your units upgrades.

• You can't spend any credits to purchase mercenaries.

• You can't choose to research new technology from the laboratory if you either didn't earn enough or neglected to research them during the campaign.

• You can't play Lost Viking and therefore can't earn any of the achievements involving it.

Feel free to add more to the list. I'm sure there are plenty that I'm missing. It would be especially nice to get an explanation from an official source as to whether any/all of these issues will be changed in a future patch, or whether it's intentional and they expect people to redo the entire campaign over for the things they missed.
Reply Quote
Manually save the game. This way, you can load it back up and get access to all of that.
Reply Quote
The only thing that really pissed me off is the 25/26 and the LOST VIKING.
Reply Quote
So when you complete the campaign, the game ends. Weird.
Reply Quote
So when you complete the campaign, the game ends. Weird.

I see what you did there.
Reply Quote
uh.. guys? Just reload one of the auto saves right before Char, and then go and do media blitz from mission archive.

Sure, you'll have to go to char and do it over again, but its much shorter then reverting back all the way to the media blitz autosave.You can still get the research bonuses from the archives, you can even do the "other choice" missions, though their reward will not transfer over since you've done the other.

You will be able to get enough research points to max both protoss and zerg trees, but you will not be able to get enough credits to upgrade everything in one campaign run. Unless.. you fill a certain section out "infantry, base, vehicles, etc.." to get the achievement, then go back to an earlier save and do it for the next tier. But that's only for the achievement.
Reply Quote
Simply load an autosave from before char and play the game there, but just never go to char. You can still walk around the hyperion, and do the secret mission.
Reply Quote
HEY, you can Load the game LOST VIKING if you have play it. The game make a save called "LOST VIKING" that directly load to the game when you have play it.

Look at your're UNSAVED Folder (the RECENT only show up 20 saves..so they might not appear there, you have to copy it by youre self on the Campaign folder)

go see that here :

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\ACCOUNT_NUMBER\1-S2-1-512066\Saves\Unsaved\

And copy "LOST VIKING" files to

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\ACCOUNT_NUMBER\1-S2-1-512066\Saves\Campaign\

After you're good to load it from the game in like 2 sec ;)
Reply Quote
I have also do a GUIDE to have the 26/26 campaign complete with only 5 mission to re-do.

Go read it.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/248425650
Reply Quote
I would like some blue text regarding what Blizzard plans to do about this before I go and waste time replaying parts of the campaign just to unlock the secret mission.

Please?
Reply Quote
i wish i knew this before finishing the game, lol
Reply Quote
well crap i did the same thing. I rushed through on normal so i could envelop myself in the story, and now i read i cant do all this stuff cause of it. Thats some real suck right there...
Reply Quote
You can't get the Hard 5+ and Brutal 5+ achievements. You have to restart the campaign for them.
Reply Quote
I'll admit I was a bit pissed when I found out I couldn't get a number of achievements afterwards, but right now I'm just going through all them, grabbing all the achievements from Normal/Hard, and then maybe next week I have plans to start my Brutal runthrough.

I do have one question though for anyone that knows. If you complete the campaign on Brutal do you get the achievement for completing it on Hard as well? I really don't want to go through it again on Hard.
Reply Quote
I'll admit I was a bit pissed when I found out I couldn't get a number of achievements afterwards, but right now I'm just going through all them, grabbing all the achievements from Normal/Hard, and then maybe next week I have plans to start my Brutal runthrough.

I do have one question though for anyone that knows. If you complete the campaign on Brutal do you get the achievement for completing it on Hard as well? I really don't want to go through it again on Hard.

Yes if you complete it on Brutal you get the achievements for all the lower difficulties.
Reply Quote
You can't get the Hard 5+ and Brutal 5+ achievements. You have to restart the campaign for them.

You can load from a previous save at Media Blitz.

This has nothing to do with brutal/hard achievements. I think you quoted the wrong post.
Reply Quote

Thanks for adding this one. Is this one that was fixed in the recent patch? I've completed almost all the missions on hard and I still haven't gotten the Hard 5+ achievement.
Reply Quote
Bumping this post because I would still like a blue response.
Reply Quote
I would like some blue text regarding what Blizzard plans to do about this before I go and waste time replaying parts of the campaign just to unlock the secret mission.

Please?

"Oh no! I have to play the game again?!"

Is that about it? If that's really a problem then I guess you didn't like the game much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]