StarCraft® II

graphic card fan speed issues...

hey, I have this problem with my graphics card 8600GT. The cooling fan on it is only running at 30% at all times, causing my graphics card to overheat to up to 100C temperatures. I downloaded RivaTuner and tried setting the fan to 80%, and set that profile to start with windows. but the problem is, after a few minutes the fan automatically slows back down to 30% fan speed... and it keeps doing that no matter how many times I re-apply the 80% setting. can anybody help me? is there anything else I can try to set my gpu fan speed to 80% permanently? please be detailed if you know how to do this, thank you!!
Reply Quote
download Fan Control

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23137/fan-control

I have it and when playing it keeps the fan working at all time
Reply Quote
Ok go download SMC fan control make a custom setting for 6000RPM. Boot into OS X set fans speed to the custom setting(6000RPM) now restart and boot into windows and the fan speed will still be at 6000RPM.

If u shutdown u will need to go into OS X and do it over again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]