StarCraft® II

Blizzard is now DELETING maps forever

theres plenty of cussing in campaign. i dont think blizzard should be so harsh on people...
Reply Quote
Is DotA a Blizzard trademark? As long as IceFrog removes every WC3 reference from the game, what right does Blizzard have to say what he can and cannot do?
Reply Quote
I don't think its IceFrog doing it, from what I read it's Valve that were trying to trademark it, because they got him on board and are making DotA 2, and as I imagine they want to sell it commercially, it's usually standard practice to trademark the game name.

There were some empolyee's in Blizzard who were disappointed with the trademark move because Valve is very pro modding, and yet a move like this is taking the name away from Blizzards modding community that helped create it and build it up.

Blizzard might be trying to oppose/protest the trademark request, but I don't know if they actually are or not or if they'll be successful.
Edited by Icey on 11/15/2010 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Personally, I think Blizzard should take a different approach at deleting maps...

I have a feeling Blizz doesn't look at the map itself but rather just take the community's (I think community is a bad word in this case, losers is a better word for it) word for it. They just press the red button at will every time a single complaint is filed for absolutely no reason.
Reply Quote
@ Cursing, doesnt the mature world filter work for custom games anyways?, unless it was in an Audio file, or maybe written in units/doodads, either way, aslong as it the word/words arnt used derogatorily... it shouldnt matter

@ disclaimer wont work cause whole game is multiplayer
Firstly, they could throw the disclaimer apon the MULTI-PLAYER portion, while maintaining the rating for singleplayer/campaign...
and there is a 'play offline' it just wont store your achievements ;)

@Dota
im pretty sure icefrog didnt make the first dota, or even come up with the name...
and blizzard may or may not have some leverage over it... because of the EULA on world editor... although that may just cover warcraft related things, reading it doesnt lead you to believe so...

@Inapropriate maps
I dont believe any map should be banned for words, unless those words sole purpose is to manipulate a person beyond the boundarys of the game. (IE Incite Anger, or another negative emotion.

and to top it off, why cant each map just have its own rating, like im sure each 'expansion' of starcraft 2 will.....
I mean what they are suposedly offering is an 'engine' to create with... is photoshop rated M for mature?, cause i bet it could get alot more graphic than starcraft 2 usually does..

although i guess starcraft 2 does come with 'presets' aka 'Cursing audio files', but then we gotta ask: shouldnt a dictionary fall within the same catagory
Reply Quote
would somebody like to go through this thread and count how many times "durr blizz cussed in the campaign" was used? does anyone read the thread before reposting what was said seven times before them?
Reply Quote
Blizzard are sliding down hill and will be just as bad as NCSoft and E.A relatively soon if they don't wake up to themselves.
Reply Quote
i like your custom game you made its my favorite i'm a 12 year old
Reply Quote
We should make a custom map only using models, images, and sound files from the campaign.

We can get the holo stripper model and have a button which says all the bad words found in the campaign.
Reply Quote
Guys, the best way to deal with the issue is to make it so F*ing huge, obvious and so obnoxious that simply no one will log onto battle.net.

Therefore the solution is to use rickroll maps, report everything, and only play maps that contain "B is S" for "Blizzard is Stupid" pretty much everywhere on it.

And just to make it worse, be sure to get with your friends and boost the worst map you can possibly find (with no offensive language of course). Perhaps a map like "Daycare" or "Politically Correct" should be considered to be boosted. And massive theoretical points should be awared to whomever can get a map named "B is S" to go to number 1 slot.

Also I'm busy editing my map but someone should start a "Politically Correct Definition of Blizzard" thread to ease the anger of the many people who are trying to make the best out of a mess.

Here is my definition: Blizzard is a semi-literate group of homosapienly-challenged persons with distintive horn shaped growths protruding from their hands and a tail resembling that of a Potamotrygonidae. They are also skin-color-pigmentationally-challenged.

Any takers?
Reply Quote
Guys, the best way to deal with the issue is to make it so F*ing huge, obvious and so obnoxious that simply no one will log onto battle.net.

Therefore the solution is to use rickroll maps, report everything, and only play maps that contain "B is S" for "Blizzard is Stupid" pretty much everywhere on it.

And just to make it worse, be sure to get with your friends and boost the worst map you can possibly find (with no offensive language of course). Perhaps a map like "Daycare" or "Politically Correct" should be considered to be boosted. And massive theoretical points should be awared to whomever can get a map named "B is S" to go to number 1 slot.

Also I'm busy editing my map but someone should start a "Politically Correct Definition of Blizzard" thread to ease the anger of the many people who are trying to make the best out of a mess.

Here is my definition: Blizzard is a semi-literate group of homosapienly-challenged persons with distintive horn shaped growths protruding from their hands and a tail resembling that of a Potamotrygonidae. They are also skin-color-pigmentationally-challenged.

Any takers?
hi wolf
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]