StarCraft® II

You want QQ? I got yer QQ right here!

Look at my freaking portrait.

Newbies like me start getting new portrait choices and they are all marines. I am not a friggin marine. I am a Zerg....ok maybe I am a Zergling....maybe a runt zergling.

I'd really like a newbie version of zerg portraits. Am I missing something obvious?

btw, just played my first placement match and won.

I am a newb though so I do not foresee a win streak. Still its a good start. Been practicing and reading this board and getting better. Also watched some tutorials on youtube.

I am basically doing early roaches. I do not do enough scouting (needs work) I am probably overly cautious about pushing early or sending speedlings to harrass also. I am something of a turtle by nature. I think that is the antithesis of zergling mindset but there it is....
Reply Quote
After 10 Team League games (wins) you get the Drone (my portrait)

10 solo game wins you get the zergling, after 1000 you get the queen of blades!

Good luck on the placement maybe you will get into gold or higher if you keep winning.
Reply Quote
I think the Portraits favor Terran because this is the Terran's story, their 1/3 of the game. I would hope with the introduction of the Zerg expansion they will add more Zerg portraits for achievements. just how I took it anyway.
Reply Quote

Good luck on the placement maybe you will get into gold or higher if you keep winning.

It says 10 1v1 quick match games for the zerg and 25 1v1 quickmatch wins for the drone. Does not mention solo matches.

:/
Reply Quote
Collector's Edition gets AWESOME DIABLO MARINE!!!
Reply Quote

It says 10 1v1 quick match games for the zerg and 25 1v1 quickmatch wins for the drone. Does not mention solo matches.

:/

Huh? It's 10 1v1 quick match wins as a Zerg for the zergling portrait, and 10 team (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) wins as a Zerg for the Drone. Solo matches = 1v1 quick matches. 25 wins 1v1 gets you the roach...look further down the list for the drone.
Reply Quote
10 solo - Zergling

25 solo - Roach

50 solo - Baneling
Reply Quote
oh, I am dumb.

1v1 is what I saw but when you said solo for some reason I thought singleplayer.

Brain cramp, sorry.
Reply Quote
If you want to be cheap and get a portrait with no skill. Go into 4v4 and ling rush 10 times. Then you will have your drone.
Reply Quote
infested colonist, win.
Reply Quote

lol i prefer to say bad luck on the placement.
If you get 5 very bad players, you could be in platnium when you should be in bronze/silver.
Reply Quote
I agree with Guplup, I am a newb (played SC1 lots but only Money maps) as of StarCraft 2, I decided to go legit and play non money maps. I have learned a great deal over the past week and I am improving. I played my 5 placement matches won three and lost 2, thus was placed in the Gold League. I feel I might have been misplaced as I have only won 1 Gold League matchup and have become very frustrated with my continuous losses against Toss and Terran.
Edited by Artemus on 8/3/2010 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I has a cow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]