- ---- Heart of the Swarm Information Thread Part One ----
See Part TWO here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2510611710?page=1#10
Looking for the most recent update? Find it HERE: MLG info: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5730073765
Major Points & News
This section is for the most important information everyone’s looking for – screen shots of
new major features, recent news, and the like.
Blizzcon 2011! Learn more: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2510611710?page=6#107
Blizzard Attending Gamescom: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2510611710?page=5#85
Update: The same portion of the campaign that was available to play at the press conference was also available to those attending Gamescom. Not much new information was revealed, except that they hope to launch the map market place with HotS and release Blizzard Allstars (DotA) about the same time.
Heart of the Swarm is officially unveiled as of may 31st! Check out the official page: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/ and a round up of Heart of the Swarm Previews! Find 10+ previews here! http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2510611710?page=2#39
Any information from reliable sources that isn't too outdated.
- MLG Info: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5730073765
- There WILL be new units. (FAQ: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=228212) What we know of these units so far: http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/23/blizzcon-2011-scii-heart-of-the-swarm-panels-reveal-new-and-existing-unit-changes/ & http://ironhammers.org/?p=8311
- The Reaper is going to be changed in HotS. (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/04/browder-hints-at-heart-of-the-swarm-updates-emphasises-importance-of-e-sports/) “. . .The players showed us what it (the Reaper) was capable of and we nerfed it into obscurity. This will be addressed in Heart of the Swarm.”
- HotS will have a separate ladder. (http://games.on.net/article/11645/Stratagems_Dustin_Browder_on_StarCraft_II?page=2) This implies the new units that come with HotS will be separate from WoL.
- HotS will be priced as an expansion, not as a full game like WoL.
Screenshots & Concept Art
- From Aceanuu@Reddit - From Blizzcon: http://imgur.com/a/rVKUE
- Silhouettes of new HotS multiplayer were released:
- Zerg: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150421759727457&set=pu.178337772456&type=1&theater
In-game Footage & Trailers
- New Terran Units: http://youtu.be/X5nx5jU7Kok
- New Zerg Units: http://youtu.be/pGeYOtrPDCU
- New Protoss Units: http://youtu.be/uSUyMlmZNWI
- HotS Trailer: http://youtu.be/SG_3R9BoVvg
- Blizzard Dota Trailer: http://youtu.be/Zx1JDEnrVK8
- Heart of the Swarm - Mission Play-through http://youtu.be/MT9xwLrY1xU
- Graphics Improvements: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IurLEBNu5Qw
Official FAQ: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq
Extended FAQ: (WIP)
Q: Will there be a Beta?
A: Yes, for Multiplayer only. It will last 3-5 months, probably on the shorter side.
Q: How many campaign missions?
A: Looking at around 20, something like that. It will have the same effect as Frozen Throne vs Reign of Chaos, we feel like we delivered a full featured expansions.
Q: Are there going to be collectors editions units?
A: Not sure, but it's something that will be decided much later in the development cycle