Heart of the Swarm Information Thread!!

Updates:

HoTS will be released Q2 2014
Reply Quote
I like how the unit they talked about "Reaper" isn't even a Zerg unit. So glad Blizzard is focusing on Terran units for the Zerg expansion. Will help fix the game.
Reply Quote
Reapers getting a buff is some of the best new Iv heard all day :D
Reply Quote
anyone knows the release date????
Reply Quote
05/31/2011 09:04 AMPosted by AdmralAckbar
HoTS will be released Q2 2014

Source? Link?
Reply Quote
HotS will have a separate ladder. (http://games.on.net/article/11645/Stratagems_Dustin_Browder_on_StarCraft_II?page=2) This implies the new units that come with HotS will be separate from WoL.

Heh, imagine if they were on the same ladder. Then HotS people would have extra units to fight the WoL people!
Reply Quote
I have a question:

When the game comes out and i get it, how will it install on my computer? will it:

1: Be a small sort of thing that just alters the Wings of Liberty game already on the computer?
2: Be an entirely new game with a new... program or whatever, not sure how to word it.

In the case of #2, will i be able to uninstall Wings of Liberty in order to create space for Heart of the Swarm?

This will definetly not fit both...
Reply Quote
grats on the sticky man, keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
Sir, this probally my favorite thread i have found on this forum, because most of the other ones are people complaining about how unbalanced this game is, (at least the ones i found) but thank you very much! <3 this!!!

Just one thing, when the Protoss expansion comes out, will there be 4 leagues then? because that will be extraordinarily lame. (4 because 1. with only WoL, 2. with HotS & WoL, 3. with WoL and the Protoss one, and 4. with all 3)
Edited by Martiny on 5/31/2011 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Sir, this probally my favorite thread i have found on this forum, because most of the other ones are people complaining about how unbalanced this game is, (at least the ones i found) but thank you very much! <3 this!!!

Just one thing, when the Protoss expansion comes out, will there be 4 leagues then? because that will be extraordinarily lame. (4 because 1. with only WoL, 2. with HotS & WoL, 3. with WoL and the Protoss one, and 4. with all 3)

As best as I know, there will only be three:
WoL
WoL & HotS
WoL, HotS, LotV

Since the FAQ sates that HotS will require WoL, I presume LotV will require both.

Thanks for the sticky! =D

P.S: Is there any way to get a character limit increase? I hit the limit already, and I didn't reserve a post, either. =( EDIT: Never mind, found a temporary work around. Still might need it some time, though.
Edited by TheSkunk on 6/1/2011 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you have any info if blizz plans on releasing the campaign demo for download?
Reply Quote
Yea we need an SP demo and an MP beta. FAST.
Reply Quote
How about some tweaks to the carrier? If you leave it with a 120 second build time then at least up the interceptor count. Make it something to be feared, since they can't run from battlecruisers anymore and are toe-tagged with two yamato shots.
Reply Quote
Another thing I heard about is that they are thinking of getting rid of the overseer and replacing it with a better unit.
Reply Quote
05/10/2011 07:34 PMPosted by Grendel
There will definitely be some people hanging desperately on to their WoL ladder like level 70 WoW twinks or the British monarchy.

The British monarchy joke is hilarious!
Reply Quote
will the xel'naga be in this because I want to see them so bad
Reply Quote
Thank you! I actually meant that since you have to buy HotS you would have to buy "Legacy of the Void," (i think that is what it is called) and if some one hasn't bought HotS yet and they buy LotV, so there would be another league for people with only LotV (and Wol of course).

It isn't really important though, we will probally find out when it comes :)
Thanks for the info tho.
Edited by Martiny on 6/1/2011 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
06/01/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Martiny
Thank you! I actually meant that since you have to buy HotS you would have to buy "Legacy of the Void," (i think that is what it is called) and if some one hasn't bought HotS yet and they buy LotV, so there would be another league for people with only LotV (and Wol of course).

Yes, but what I meant is that LotV would require HotS. (as well as WoL)

This is wading deep into the well of speculation though, so don't take my word for it. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]