StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Information Thread!!

By separate ladder, that means leagues and ranking will be secluded. does this also mean that our achievements, portraits, and league wins will not be recorded in our profile? that being said can we use the same battlenet accounts, and due to the fact that i have 2 accounts, will i need to buy 2 expansions?
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
While the functionality allows for the possibility of retaining achievements, portraits, and league wins to your HotS account, it isn't confirmed exactly how it will work. (To my knowledge)

Buying HotS will "Upgrade" your WoL account. If you have two separate WoL copies on separate accounts, you'll need to "upgrade" each of them with a separate copy of HotS.
Reply Quote
If the leaked ending is the actual ending, I might go somewhere and cry for awhile.
Edited by Stranger on 6/7/2011 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I have only one question.

All the achievements we earned in WoL along with portraits, decals, and so on will we at least get to carry these over to Heart of the Swarm?

I bought the collectors of edition of WoL and still am pretty proud to have the portraits and decals it came with.
Reply Quote
I am getting so many nerd chills, it is not even funny
Reply Quote

All the achievements we earned in WoL along with portraits, decals, and so on will we at least get to carry these over to Heart of the Swarm?

I bought the collectors of edition of WoL and still am pretty proud to have the portraits and decals it came with.

And there is no reason they won't carry over. However, to get the ones that come with HotS collecter edition you must be an elite fanboy again and purchase HotS collector's edition, if they even make one.
Reply Quote

And there is no reason they won't carry over. However, to get the ones that come with HotS collecter edition you must be an elite fanboy again and purchase HotS collector's edition, if they even make one.

I totally agree. There is no reason not to carry it over, and yep! An epic fan boy like me will be buying the Collector's Edition for all the cool bonus stuff :)
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Updated with this video interview: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=231621
Reply Quote
will the heart of the swarm is a download patch thing like wow patches or will it be a retail item u have to buy
Reply Quote
I think you will have to buy it, they are not going to give out something they took a year to make for free :P
Oh, and thanks TheSkunk for answering my little questions. I actually have another one that is a big deal to my little brother XD
Supposing you have WoL and a Battlenet account, if you buy HotS, will it give you another account to use on Battlenet? If you can't answer than its totally fine, though it won't be for my little brother.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
My pleasure Martiny. :D

WOLFLORDZ: It will cost money, yes - I'm sure you'll be able to purchase a digital edition (ie - no CD, just attached right to your account) but it won't be a free "Patch"

Martiny: No, it will "Upgrade" your WoL edition so you can't use it on an account that doesn't already have WoL. (HotS is an expansion, not a stand-alone game)

Unless you mean a secondary character profile - I don't know about that.
Edited by TheSkunk on 6/15/2011 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
do u get to keep your current portrait from WoL if u play HotS?
Reply Quote
is there a cap to likes cuz it says limit reached when i click like
Reply Quote
06/17/2011 04:04 PMPosted by qualbert
do u get to keep your current portrait from WoL if u play HotS?

WC3 had a separate ladder from TFT. The result was when playing WC3 you had your original icons and when you played TFT you got your new icons. Now with the revised Bnet, i would imagine that a new set of icons will be released for the quick match series but nothing would stop you from using the WoL icons. Again just a guess but it seems logical that Blizzard wouldn't throw away your progress (much how in WoW your progress isn't reset when an expo comes out).
Reply Quote
Looks like this is how blizzard will suck us dry for money.
Not to be hating or anything but I thought when they released sc2 that there will be 3 versions terran/zerg/protoss that blizzard would be able to play online together.

This means 3 diff ladders? Why split the community? this is a horrible idea and try force people to buy all 3 when that won't work once all 3 will be out cause no ones going to buy all 3 to play all 3 versions you guy's are forcing people who own it already to buy the newest one but what about the people who don't have it.

So protoss will be its own ladder 2? 3 ladder systems? What about actual expansions for sc2? will there be 3 diff versions of the expansions? >.> this is just milking it blizzard also a bad idea.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
This means 3 diff ladders? Why split the community? this is a horrible idea and try force people to buy all 3 when that won't work once all 3 will be out cause no ones going to buy all 3 to play all 3 versions you guy's are forcing people who own it already to buy the newest one but what about the people who don't have it.

It's always worked this way for Blizzard games. Generally they are cheap enough and rich enough in content that most people stay up to date. Do you really think that people with the new units of HotS should match against WoL players with an unfair advantage? If you have a way around this that doesn't involve separate ladders or giving away the mutiplayer content (the biggest attraction) for free, please suggest it.

What about actual expansions for sc2? will there be 3 diff versions of the expansions? >.>

These are "actual expansions" and I doubt there will be anything after these but patches.

this is just milking it blizzard also a bad idea.

More expansions = more content. Thats a good thing in my book =].

Please keep complaints about pricing out of this thread. Thats not what this thread is for, and its been talked dry anyway.
Reply Quote
I misread a bit I Thought these are going to be stand alone 60$ games not requiring wings of liberty but if this is an actual expansion requiring wol then i am fine with that.

But i thought the overall intention of the 3 versions toss terran zerg was going to be a unified single version so people can pick the cool race they like and play the story then get an expansion but being able to play people with all 3 versions.
Thats why I was a lil upset :P

Can understand why what i thought mixed with them being 60$ and diff ladder + there own expansions
can get complicated and expensive :P
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
I misread a bit I Thought these are going to be stand alone 60$ games not requiring wings of liberty but if this is an actual expansion requiring wol then i am fine with that.

But i thought the overall intention of the 3 versions toss terran zerg was going to be a unified single version so people can pick the cool race they like and play the story then get an expansion but being able to play people with all 3 versions.
Thats why I was a lil upset :P

Can understand why what i thought mixed with them being 60$ and diff ladder + there own expansions
can get complicated and expensive :P

Well I'm glad that was cleared up, then!
Reply Quote
Hi guys. For those that watched the leaked ending I have a question. Why would you see the end of the story first? I ask out of curiosity because I for one enjoy a good story on games and don't like to read or watch spoilers. Not flaming anyone ok, I just want to know what motivates some to watch the ending.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]