StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Information Thread!!

@Kylan Have you ever had dessert before the entree? Same principle.
Reply Quote
Are there going to be any beta tesing for the campaign?

Gread thread!
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Are there going to be any beta tesing for the campaign?

Gread thread!

Probably not for the campaign, no - at least there wasn't for WoL (It was multi-player only) but I supposed they could surprise us. :)
Reply Quote
I like how they clarified that HoTS and LotV will be "EXPANSIONS" to the base game Wings of Liberty.

Hopefully people will now stop complaining about Blizzard's decision to make SC2 a trilogy and giving the game large numbers of 1-star ratings on Amazon since we basically have confirmation now they are EXPANSIONS (and thus will not be full-price games at 50 or 60$ as many were claiming they would be).
Edited by temps on 7/2/2011 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Hey Guys,

Blizzard will be attending Gamescom 2011, August 18th - Watch out for any Heart of the Swarm information there!

http://www.geeksailor.com/gamescom-blizzard-diablo-3-starcraft-2-heart-of-the-swarm/
Official Blizzard Announcement (Not English): http://eu.blizzard.com/de-de/news/index.html?d=2011-7

ALSO: "You exceeded the maximum character limit of null" - O_o (Said so when I attempted to update the OP)
Edited by TheSkunk on 7/7/2011 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
cool, i hope i can get to use the beta and see the new units and see the balances to all races.... zerg ftw!
Reply Quote
I like the idea of having two separate ladders for HotS and WoL. I also like that they will be fixing the Reaper, that unit is so cool.
Reply Quote
separate ladder that sounds sweet, i will lose all my placement matches on purpose to work my way up from bronze like i did in wol which was lots of fun
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Sounds like a spammer. Hover over their post until the Thumbs Down icon appears. Click it and select "Report Post"
Reply Quote
OMG!

please, make more than 20 missions, at least 25, because in WoL we had 29, I love to enjoy the campaign
Reply Quote
Any Idea when the Beta will begin? I assume 3-5 months before game release. And game release should be early 2012. So Around the new year?
Reply Quote
That’s funny I had mentioned something similar for “observers” (drawing function) in the forums, but I think they could greatly expand on this. They could create an entire set of tools for observers, but even more importantly casters. That way casters can do very similar things that are done on ESPN when watching football or basketball. It’ll add to the entertainment value, which I know is what blizzard has been shooting for. One of the common objectives they have said over and over is.. “is it fun to watch?”

+1 for the thread...
Reply Quote
is there gonna be a multiplayer beta and when does it come out?
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
07/28/2011 02:24 PMPosted by TOLKRON
is there gonna be a multiplayer beta and when does it come out?

Yes, there will be a multi-player beta.

No date has been set. Progress on the multiplayer isn't very far yet though, so don't expect any news on it for quite some time!

Reply Quote
I have a quick question about the beta. Hopefully some one sees it in here.

I'm just wondering who the beta will be made available to? Will everyone that has a copy of SCII WoL be able to participate? Not sure if you guys have even decided this yet, but thought I might as well ask just in case.
Edited by eyeEX on 8/1/2011 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
I have a quick question about the beta. Hopefully some one sees it in here.

I'm just wondering who the beta will be made available to? Will everyone that has a copy of SCII WoL be able to participate? Not sure if you guys have even decided this yet, but thought I might as well ask just in case.

Details of the beta are not yet announced, but it will primarily be random invite of all players who opt-in. (Click Account (at the top of the page) and click Beta Profile Settings) But they might have other ways of getting an invite as well. I don't know how many people will get it, it might be smaller than the WoL beta, but it won't be *everyone* who has WoL.

Information here is based off of how they did it in the past, though. That being said, other ways they gave out Beta invites for WoL: (Which they might not do for HotS - but its a possibility)

"Friend Invites" - People already in the beta via random invite were given second key(s) to give to friends
    Contests & Giveaways: Keys were given on facebook to whoever could get em first, and used as awards for things like the Comic Contest.
    Pre-Order: If you pre-ordered the game at certain places like Amazon and Gamestop, you would receive a free beta key.
    Fan sites: Fan sites were given keys to hand out however they wished.
    Blizzcon: People attending Blizzcon received Beta Keys.
Edited by TheSkunk on 8/1/2011 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]