StarCraft® II

Completed Brutal - No achievment or portrait

I'm very frustrated right now. I've completed every mission on Brutal, from start to finish and have not gotten the achievment or the portrait.

What annoys me more, is that I got the "normal" version for the 29 missions completed, but I did them all on Brutal. So I got the General, but not Kerrigan. I looked at my "completed" tab for brutal and it shows every mission with a check mark. Same on hard and normal.

This makes no sense at all considering I was able to get the normal version and should be able to get the brutal version and hard just because I did them ALL on Brutal from start to finish. I didn't do a single mission on easy, normal, hard, or very hard (if that's an option) all were done on just brutal.

Of course, I had to go to the archives to do the crossroads missions. The ones where you have to choose a path that determines your campaign. I also had to go back and finish 'Media Blitz' again on Brutal to destroy the Science facility to get the secret mission. I did this after finishing the campaign.

One thing. 'The evacuation' was uncompleted for some reason. Though I did do it on Brutal, i'm assuming B.Net went down while I finished it and I had to go redo it after I complete the game. Now it shows as completed on brutal but still nothing.

I just don't know what i'm missing. I've looked at everything possible and i've relogged "just in case". Seems like a bug or something stupid.

I obviously didn't use cheats.
Reply Quote
It's saying you haven't done All-in on brutal. Try beating that again, not sure why you didn't get it .
Reply Quote
It hasn't updated as I just recently finished it (a couple hours ago)

My portrait is currently the general as well but it's still showing the stalker.

When I check the to do list in SC, it shows everything done.

Note: If you see, I got the "brutal 25" achievment. Means I must have gotten All-In... least i'm pretty sure you can only get it doing all the original missions not including Zera's or the secret one.
Edited by silver on 5/13/2011 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
try reloading the save before completing all in. the achievement service might have gone done at the time that you actually completed the mission.
Reply Quote
Is there a way to see if I missed the achievment or whatever due to the service being down? Because going to the achievment to do tab shows everything check marked making it impossible to tell. I'll redo All-in (Not looking forward to this... =\) but I have a feeling it was working... it tells you when the service goes down. When I see that I always wait. I save and log out and in if it doesn't tell me that it's working again just so it doesn't screw with me.

I played it safe, damn you achievments!
Reply Quote
I'm very frustrated right now. I've completed every mission on Brutal, from start to finish and have not gotten the achievment or the portrait.

What annoys me more, is that I got the "normal" version for the 29 missions completed, but I did them all on Brutal. So I got the General, but not Kerrigan. I looked at my "completed" tab for brutal and it shows every mission with a check mark. Same on hard and normal.

This makes no sense at all considering I was able to get the normal version and should be able to get the brutal version and hard just because I did them ALL on Brutal from start to finish. I didn't do a single mission on easy, normal, hard, or very hard (if that's an option) all were done on just brutal.

Of course, I had to go to the archives to do the crossroads missions. The ones where you have to choose a path that determines your campaign. I also had to go back and finish 'Media Blitz' again on Brutal to destroy the Science facility to get the secret mission. I did this after finishing the campaign.

One thing. 'The evacuation' was uncompleted for some reason. Though I did do it on Brutal, i'm assuming B.Net went down while I finished it and I had to go redo it after I complete the game. Now it shows as completed on brutal but still nothing.

I just don't know what i'm missing. I've looked at everything possible and i've relogged "just in case". Seems like a bug or something stupid.

I obviously didn't use cheats.

Sometimes I've encountered that if you go back into the archives at a lower difficulty, and then try to continue the regular levels, it may set it to that lower difficulty be default.

If that's not what happened to you, I don't know what to say. Be sure you did all the choice missions, and beating it all on one run-through I think is necessary for the actual portrait achievement (I'm not sure if the archives work)

I could be wrong, that's just my experience.
Reply Quote
looks to me like you still have to complete All In - maybe you did it already but according to b.net you havnt.

Do that one and you will have it
Reply Quote
Silver you have the portrait now... you must have solved the issue. I just finished the game on Brutal... and it didn't give me the achievement either. I just got Raynor portrait and it says i have completed the game. That is it??? I did the entire game on brutal every mission. I can look at the time I completed every mission and it shows them, everyone done on Brutal?? I finished the ALL IN again from the save ... but it didnt do anything. I don't know, what did you do? How did it work??
Reply Quote
07/19/2011 12:45 AMPosted by Tredogz
Silver you have the portrait now... you must have solved the issue. I just finished the game on Brutal... and it didn't give me the achievement either. I just got Raynor portrait and it says i have completed the game. That is it??? I did the entire game on brutal every mission. I can look at the time I completed every mission and it shows them, everyone done on Brutal?? I finished the ALL IN again from the save ... but it didnt do anything. I don't know, what did you do? How did it work??

Says you didn't do Piercing the Shroud. Did you unlock it at least? Cause...it would suck mightily to have to redo the campaign to unlock it. If you didn't unlock it before Char though, that's exactly what you'll have to do. Otherwise, just load it up and play that mission on Brutal and you'll have your portrait.
Reply Quote
i Just finished the campiagn on brutal also, but the only thing that came up was the jim raynor portrait
I did finsih every level including the crossroads ones and the secret mission, but it didnt give me the portrait...
please help me im very frustrated
Reply Quote
i Just finished the campiagn on brutal also, but the only thing that came up was the jim raynor portrait
I did finsih every level including the crossroads ones and the secret mission, but it didnt give me the portrait...
please help me im very frustrated

*SPOILER* Beat Devil's Playground on brutal. *END SPOILER*
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue. I've beat them all including the secret mission. I just beat "All in" but didnt get the achievement for brutal.
Reply Quote
10/10/2011 10:15 PMPosted by SCARECROW
I'm having the same issue. I've beat them all including the secret mission. I just beat "All in" but didnt get the achievement for brutal.

Says the person with the Sarah Kerrigan pic. >.>
Reply Quote
I beat all the campaign missions on Brutal as well but no portrait. It says I'm missing Media Blitz and The Dig. I loaded up Media Blitz and beat it 5 separate times but it won't give me credit!!! Do I have to restart the campaign...
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Zeratul
I beat all the campaign missions on Brutal as well but no portrait. It says I'm missing Media Blitz and The Dig. I loaded up Media Blitz and beat it 5 separate times but it won't give me credit!!! Do I have to restart the campaign...

Interesting... I would probably post this in the Bug Report section. Do you have a screenshot of the time completed for the missions (through mission archives)? I would include that with your report.
Reply Quote
I'm having a similar sort of issue with this... i went through the campaign and beat every mission of brutal, but only one of the missions i have done has shown up for the achievement.
I am positive i beat all the missions on brutal, i haven't got any achievement or anything. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I completed all 29 missions, which all say i beat them on brutal, but on the achievement for kerrigan portrait I'm not getting any credit.
Reply Quote
Are you playing offline at all or on patch tuesday when the servers are down?
Edited by Xombie on 5/1/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Silver, I see you have it now... Congrats.

I completed all 29 missions, which all say i beat them on brutal, but on the achievement for kerrigan portrait I'm not getting any credit.

Looks like you got it... Have any idea as to why it said you didn't but now you do... I couldn't say, but hey - You've got it now, right?

:D
Edited by Sheppard on 5/9/2012 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so it didn't give it to me and i beat all even piercing the sound. if you guys could give any good advice??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]