Hyperion Vs Normandy SR-2

I was just playing some Mass Effect 2 before Mass Effect 3 comes out and then I wondered... Which ship would win if there was ever a fight between Jim Raynor's Hyperion and Commander Shepard's Normandy SR-2.
Reply Quote
Hard to say. Normandy SR2 with the Thanix cannon might be victorious, if just because it's also bloody fast and maneuverable. But the Hyperion is freakin' huge compared to the Normandy, and is a tough shell to crack.
Reply Quote
HYPERION hands down
Reply Quote
Hyperion.

Reply Quote
Well, the Hyperion has Yamato right? So Hyperion.
Reply Quote
Yamato cannon > Thanix cannon imo.

I'd definitely say Hyperion wins this one. It's a huge capital ship whereas the Normandy is a small frigate. Maneuverable, sure but it really can't possibly wear down the Hyperion.
Reply Quote
I dunno. SR2 took out the Collector cruiser, which is certainly far, far bigger (more powerful? couldn't find a good qualitative evaluation of power) than the Hyperion.
Reply Quote
05/16/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Ruusaan
I dunno. SR2 took out the Collector cruiser, which is certainly far, far bigger (more powerful? couldn't find a good qualitative evaluation of power) than the Hyperion.

Except you can't dodge a Yamato cannon
Reply Quote
05/16/2011 01:38 AMPosted by Redlegs

Except you can't dodge a Yamato cannon

Or 20 lasers firing at you via rotating turret
Reply Quote
Hyperion
Horner beats Joker maneuvering
Raynor has got more character than Shep
Reply Quote
The Hyperion is probably at least 100 times larger, with many, many, many guns, as well as a Yamato cannon. You do the math.
Reply Quote
Tough to lock onto the Normandy with the Yamato Cannon with the Normandy's Stealth Systems engaged. The Collectors were an advanced civilization and then enhanced technologically by the reapers. I doubt that the Terran's technology surpasses that, and the upgraded SR2 took it on head to head and survived. Besides, what kind of havoc do you think the unlocked EDI could wreak on the Hyperion's systems?
Reply Quote
Normandy, you have the torpedoes, and Thanix cannon which destroyed a ship larger then the hyperion. Also think about EDI the Normandys A.I. which can hack into systems, like when she was able to open doors and inside the collector ship or in the hyperions case open airlocks :P and of course the multiple shields and heavy armor you can purchase for the Normandy. As far as the Yamato cannon the normandy is a stealth ship so it couldn't even lock on.
Edited by SovietSammy on 6/2/2011 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
plenty of anti cloaking technology exists in SC its just a matter of how raynor would employ it...he's dealt with cloaked units before, ghosts like tosh can use technopathy, and monotaur class battlecruiers do have some sheilding, look up terran force fields on the SC2 wiki the Hyperion if anything would have that new technology. Arent most battle cruiser equiped with nukes and lockdown missiles cannonicly? Other than that I don't much about mass effect just adding what I know about SC.
Reply Quote
The Executor can take on thousands of Hyperions.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Socrates

what executor? the star wars one? don't bring up SW in here it's OP.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 06:50 PMPosted by StratosTygo

what executor? the star wars one? don't bring up SW in here it's OP.

That was the one I was bringing up. Anything Star Wars/ WH40K is OP.
Reply Quote
well shepard has a cloaked ship (hyperion has stealth detection) yamato cannon is pretty darn strong hmmm i think hyperion maybe it may be less manurvierable but that doesnt mean !@#$
Reply Quote
Well taking into account the stealth systems, an unlocked EDI ready to hack into any enemy ships systems and mess them up from the inside, and the best dammed helmsman in the Alliance fleet, the Hyperion better make friends instead of enemies. Plus, Garrus is a much better best friend the Tychus ever was. Even though Raynor trumps Shepard any day.
Reply Quote
A well fit myrmidon can take either one of them. Consider amazingly battlecruiser class is very similar across different universe.

http://www.eve-files.com/media/0604/Various_Starship_Comparisons.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]