StarCraft® II

Stephen King

Which Stephen King books have you read? And which movies have you seen?
I'm reading The Stand right now
I've watched 1408, Cujo, and Pet Sematary
Reply Quote
Reading Pet Sematary..

Read:
Salems' Lot
The Stand
The Talisman
Misery
Needful Things
Gerald's Game
Desperation
The Regulators

All pretty good :) Pet Sematary right now is sad :(
Reply Quote
Read them all. My favorites are "It", "Needful Things", and "The Stand".... although I have to say that "Christine" was the one that freaked me out the most for some reason :P He is as master at psychological horror.. no, he is THE master at it.
Reply Quote
I have read many of them, I will not list them because I would probably be ashamed.

Stephen King is not a hugely intelligent writer, nor does he write incredible books that are really meaty. But he is enjoyable and he is great at horror. I've enjoyed every book.
Reply Quote
"It" was an outstanding read.
Gunslinger series was ok....I kinda got bored of it at about book 5. First few weren't bad though.
The Stand was another amazing one.
Salem's Lot was pretty good.
Blegh, blanking. Haven't really read stephen king for a few years now-can't think of any others that really stood out =[

Saw Rose Red. My sisters freaked out at it, but I personally found it to be absolutely boring. Haven't seen any others.
Reply Quote
Read:
It
Under the dome
After Sunset
Duma key (my favorite :D)
Dark tower 1 to 6

Im reading Dark Tower 7. IMO Duma Key is the best :D!
Reply Quote
It
The Tommyknockers
4 Past Midnight
Some of the dark tower stuff

I read "it" when I was really too young to be reading books like that, but it had a big impact on me in a positive way, I think. The whole concept of a group of kids joining together to face their fears helped me have more courage.

But then all of a sudden there's a giant turtle? WTF?
Reply Quote
Dark Tower series is my favorite thing he's ever written.
Reply Quote
I'm in the middle of Hearts in Atlantis. A great book for any fan of any novel ever.

Oh, and I am reading Gerald's Game. That one is "fun".
Reply Quote
Only one I can remember is the short story about quitting smoking.

He also lives in the same State as me :D. His son also writes I think...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've read them all.

I'll take the middle 80% of Wizard And Glass. Which is to say, minus the bookends, that is a ripping yarn.
Reply Quote
The Stand is probably my favorite. I've also read Under the Dome and a bunch of his short stories. I tried to get into the Dark Tower series but I lost interest 2/3 of the way into the first book (I keep hearing it gets better so maybe I'll give it another shot).

As soon as I have time I want to read Salems' Lot and The Colorado Kid (I've been watching Haven which is based on it).
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Stand is probably my favorite. I've also read Under the Dome and a bunch of his short stories. I tried to get into the Dark Tower series but I lost interest 2/3 of the way into the first book (I keep hearing it gets better so maybe I'll give it another shot).

As soon as I have time I want to read Salems' Lot and The Colorado Kid (I've been watching Haven which is based on it).

I agree completely that you have to push through The Gunslinger. That series picks up a lot with The Drawing of the Three. Essentially, the three who are drawn are awesome characters.
Reply Quote
Night Shift, a bunch of short stories together, was the best.

Especially The Boogeyman Story, that gave me the chills real bad.

Here's the full plot of it if you want to ruin the good spoilers and twist at the end if you would like to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boogeyman
Reply Quote
I can't even begin to name all of his books i've been through. Currently i'm in the 3rd book of the dark tower series.
Reply Quote
The Shining wasn't all that great of a book, but I liked the movie!
Reply Quote
I've read:
-Dark Tower Series
-It
-Christine
-Cujo
-Salem's Lot
-Bag of Bones
-The one where the woman is chained to a bed, can't remember the title
-Desperation
-The Stand

My favorite is probably a tie between the second Dark Tower book and Salem's Lot.
Reply Quote
The only Stephen King book that I have read is
-Cell
I liked it, but I didn't see it as anything that blew my mind away.
Reply Quote
I've watched the movie The Stand, and I've read part of the book, though like most Stephen King books I couldn't finish it.
I really don't like Stephen King as an author. He can write a good book, include plot twists that'll blow your mind, and everything, but I can't stand the block after block of descriptive text. It drives me insane how he doesn't just cut to the chase, and he has to describe everything.
I agree, he is an amazing writer. He's good at it.
His style just isn't to my tastes.
M-o-o-n, that spells Stephen King.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]