StarCraft® II

Scrap Station Standoff

So I was playing a 1v1 league game yesterday. It was a ZvZ, which I just don't have the patience for, btw, but things were going well. I was countering every army he was throwing at me (every-time he changed compositions, which was good on him). Even still the sheer numbers brought my countering army down to the point where they wouldn't be able to take his base before he got something up.

Long story short, it was a dirty old stalemate, even our base counts were the same; he destroys my expansion while I'm destroying his, the gold minerals are changing hands every 5 minutes, this thing was pretty much even the whole way (admittedly I had a bit of an advantage but I was sick of it). We would have been fighting for tiny scraps and advantages just to see who had the better counter when every resource on the map was gone.

So at about 40 minutes I said "%%** it" took all my overlords and all my drones, all my corruptors and went to that island between the two bases (We'd both tried to take it in the past but got shut down),set everything down, let every other base and unit die.

I built up to a hive with two spires (to finish the two upgrades) and had a ring of spore crawlers all right next to each other around the edge, combined with 2 pages of 3/3 corruptors and slowly maxing it out to have 200/200 of just them.

Now I'm laughing at this point, telling him he can take my base but he'll never take my freedom and other assorted lunacy. I know that with 200/200 corruptors the best thing he can do is get 200/200 coruptors himself in which case my spore crawlers will favor me.
Now I drag the match on for another 50 minutes while he tries different things, all failing miserably.

Eventually it finally cracks, not even to something I hadn't already thought of. He races a mutalisk in and plants a nydus worm. I figured there was no way anything could get that close against almost 200/200 coruptors and spore crawlers, but it finally meant my end.

Afterward I figured burrowing zerglings everywhere so building would be impossible would probably prevent that but what are you going to do.

So I'm curious, has anyone else tried something like this? Not because it's a viable tactic, but rather for no other reason than to make your opponent rage as hard as possible?

(For the record, mine didn't we were joking around the whole time.)

Also has anyone found a situation to make an absolutely impregnable position?
Reply Quote

Also has anyone found a situation to make an absolutely impregnable position?

Yeah as terran.

Vikings + Siege Tanks + Bunkers + SCVs + Missile Turrets (upped) + Sensor Towers
I held out for 4 hours against a persistent person trying to murder me with brood lords, corruptors, nydus worms, hydras, and even mutalisks.
Reply Quote
05/22/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Abraxis
Afterward I figured burrowing zerglings everywhere so building would be impossible would probably prevent that but what are you going to do.

.. or you could just have 4 zerglings and let them kill off the worm before it pops...
Reply Quote
05/26/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Kingofnee
.. or you could just have 4 zerglings and let them kill off the worm before it pops...

But where is the fun in that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]