StarCraft® II

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Ok, I am a bibliophile, I go through books like water. I literally have a stack of books about 8 feet high that I keep so that I never run out :P I do love stories, but what I most enjoy is writing... writing is as much art (more really) as any painting or musical composition and authors should be celebrated for it.

That said, Name of the Wind is the best writing that I have read in any modern fantasy, bar none. It is one of the best written books in any gendre that I have read. The story is fascinating and will catch you, demand that you keep reading, but ultimately it is the writing that is magic.

I give this book my highest recommendation. I literally went to the bookstore and bought a ton of this book and give it out to people... family members, friends, waiters, you name it.

A++
Reply Quote
Is this the one about the guy who bones two ninjas?
Reply Quote
Er, what?

The originality of Rothfuss's outstanding debut fantasy, the first of a trilogy, lies less in its unnamed imaginary world than in its precise execution. Kvothe ("pronounced nearly the same as 'Quothe' "), the hero and villain of a thousand tales who's presumed dead, lives as the simple proprietor of the Waystone Inn under an assumed name. Prompted by a biographer called Chronicler who realizes his true identity, Kvothe starts to tell his life story. From his upbringing as an actor in his family's traveling troupe of magicians, jugglers and jesters, the Edema Ruh, to feral child on the streets of the vast port city of Tarbean, then his education at "the University," Kvothe is driven by twin imperatives—his desire to learn the higher magic of naming and his need to discover as much as possible about the Chandrian, the demons of legend who murdered his family.
Edited by Taishar on 5/19/2011 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ahh god I loved this book so much the first time I read it.

I think I've read it seven or eight times now...

Have you read "A Wise Man's Fear" yet?

It's just as good in my opinion...

Reply Quote
I read Name of the Wind when it was released but I forgot bout it cause the next book was going to be released 3 years later..... has the new book come out?
Reply Quote
So I read this over the weekend, and I'm maybe a third of the way through Wise Man's Fear. OP is right, Rothfuss is a damn impressive writer.

05/23/2011 02:30 PMPosted by MasTah
I read Name of the Wind when it was released but I forgot bout it cause the next book was going to be released 3 years later..... has the new book come out?

The sequel is out, but not the last book of the trilogy. I think you misunderstood something: there's three books, and they're slated to be released every year.

05/19/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Taishar
Er, what?

T.T

penny arcade reference!
Reply Quote
So I read this over the weekend, and I'm maybe a third of the way through Wise Man's Fear. OP is right, Rothfuss is a damn impressive writer.

The sequel is out, but not the last book of the trilogy. I think you misunderstood something: there's three books, and they're slated to be released every year.

Er, what?

T.T

penny arcade reference!

I wouldn't count on them coming out every year.

Reply Quote
Ok, book 3 is already written and just being refined at this point. Rothfuss has said he is confident that it will come out in 2012. That said, book 3 will finish the trilogy... but there is at least 1 more trilogy scheduled after that (i read all the interviews).

[spoiler]Is there a spoiler code here? [/spoiler]
Reply Quote
Ok, book 3 is already written and just being refined at this point. Rothfuss has said he is confident that it will come out in 2012. That said, book 3 will finish the trilogy... but there is at least 1 more trilogy scheduled after that (i read all the interviews).

[spoiler]Is there a spoiler code here? [/spoiler]

Huh... I've googled around trying to find this kinda stuff ^^ thanks for the info :P...
Reply Quote
First two books of this are amazing. Rothfuss is a little slow in putting out new books, but they're still good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]