StarCraft® II

So... Torchlight 2.

Anyone going to get it? I just kind of want it to pass the time before Diablo 3 comes out, but if I don't have anyone else to play it with, then screw that, man.

For anyone who doesn't know what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctgVZraEJKs
Edited by Delmin on 5/24/2011 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think there's going to be a matchmaking service, or you could wait for the Torchlight MMO.

I'll be playing Torchlight 2. Just got the first one and it's full of cartoony awesome. :D
Reply Quote
Yes I will be. It will be the perfect filler to hold ones appetite for Diablo 3. Torchlight 2 will probably be out in July, while Diablo 3 will be out 1st quarter 2012.
Reply Quote
Will absolutely play Torchlight II - The first was an excellent game, albeit with limited longevity. :-)
Reply Quote
Yeah I was thinking about it, but I'm just really liking how Diablo 3 looks and feels over Torchlight. In any case, I think if I have some spare cash, then I'll get it when it comes out.

Edit: I'm hoping that it'll have some sort of PvP too.
Edited by Delmin on 5/25/2011 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It will have a limited form of PvP - a way to duel with your friends at least, if not more - and a match making P2P service that will let you find random games and still be able to use mods. The MMO will be more focused on things like security while TL2 will be mostly for helping you find people you can have fun with, and still play with mods.
Reply Quote
It will have a limited form of PvP - a way to duel with your friends at least, if not more - and a match making P2P service that will let you find random games and still be able to use mods. The MMO will be more focused on things like security while TL2 will be mostly for helping you find people you can have fun with, and still play with mods.

Wait, so you'll have to pay a sub to use the matchmaking in Torchlight 2? That... well, it's interesting.

Edit: I completely forgot about the "peer to peer" definition of p2p.
Edited by Delmin on 5/28/2011 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I definitely meant the Peer To Peer meaning of P2P. :) You'll only have to buy the game once at somewhere between 20-30 bucks and that's it. Definitely no monthly charges.
Reply Quote
To be honest the cartoony style is meh, I'm more looking forward to Path of Exile. Art style is darker and more gory, and the skill gem system is awesome.
Reply Quote
The art style is nice. But I think it's too much cartoony like it is intended for children. For me it's too simple. Unless it is really tactical or needs a lot of decision making, I will get bored with it quite soon.
Reply Quote
05/28/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Malfunction
The art style is nice. But I think it's too much cartoony like it is intended for children. For me it's too simple. Unless it is really tactical or needs a lot of decision making, I will get bored with it quite soon.

Out of all the Diablo clones that came after Diablo 2, Torchlight was the only one that actually held my attention for a time that's greater than 10 minutes. Still, this is just something to pass the time for Diablo 3, then I probably won't forget about it, but who knows?

Also if it's only $20 to $30 dollars, the chances of me buying it just skyrocketed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]