Gaming laptop able to handle Sc2 + Diablo 3 ?

Hey guys, wondering if the gaming laptop I am going to buy can handle high + setting
*Note* I know I can build a cpu but Im going to college so I need something portable!*
Wondering if I can run currents games comming out this year sc2,diablo3,rift,bf3,mw2
in med-high setting without fps lag. Ty

Processor:

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor (2.00GHz), 6MB L3 Cache, FCPGA10/Socket G2

Core Logic:

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Chipset HM67

Memory :

8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel

GPU:

NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 460M GPU
1.5GB GDDR5 Video RAM

Storage :

500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive

Thanks for your time.

P.S I have the option to upgrade my card to a AMD Radeon HD 6970M for 250$ more, should I go for it?

Reply Quote
The requirements for Diablo 3 haven't been released yet, but it's Blizzard, which means that the requirements will be stupidly low.

That can easily handle Ultra on SC, so I'm guessing that it can run Diablo on at least High, if not also Ultra.

By the way, how much is that costing? And where are you getting it from?
Reply Quote
From Digital storm online. Its the level 2 x17 laptop.

Cost: $1,629.00 (default), $1887 with the HD 6970M upgrade.

Reply Quote

Thats pretty expensive.

I built a superior desktop for like 600 dollars less. 2gig 6950, i5 2500k, 8gb 1600mhz
Reply Quote

Thats pretty expensive.

I built a superior desktop for like 600 dollars less. 2gig 6950, i5 2500k, 8gb 1600mhz

Only problem is I don't have use for a desktop in college, wish I could but I need an all purpose laptop for school work and games. :/ And not really a computer wiz, not all too comfortable building one.
Reply Quote
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X7-9700_Gaming_Notebook/

with the HD 6970m for about $200 less
Reply Quote

Thats pretty expensive.

Only problem is I don't have use for a desktop in college, wish I could but I need an all purpose laptop for school work and games. :/ And not really a computer wiz, not all too comfortable building one.

I see.

Just out of curiosity does that CPU have turbo mode? I think it does, like up to 2.9GHz maybe? But Im to lazy to look it up and remember.

I'm not positive how laptops work. I build desktops all the time, but desktop power consumption isn't as big of a concern as laptop, since the laptop is on a battery. If you can turbo boost the CPU, then turn on Speedstep, C1E, and C-State (it should come already on 99% of the time anyway) it will go to 2.9Ghz under a load (if that is the right turbo boost clock) and drop down to a lower clock when idle to reduce power consumption.

One way or the other, it should run games fine. CPU clock speed isn't as important as the actual make and model of the CPU. Like a i7 990x at 3.5Ghz is still better than my 2500k at 4.3ghz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]