Music.

Off the top of my head, I like Queen, Iron Maiden, and some Rush.
Reply Quote
I'm most into metal...true metal tho, no Hot Topic crap:
Kreator
Destruction
Sodom
Death
Cannibal Corpse
Suffocation
Morbid Angel
Dissection
Blind Guardian
Hammerfall
Gamma Ray
Iron Maiden
Exodus
Testament
Slayer (especially old Slayer)
Celtic Frost
Pestilence
etc...

Aside of that I enjoy the casual Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Katy Perry and Eminem. :$
Reply Quote
Lol'd at someone liking slayer and katy perry.

For me though, I mostly listen to Rush, after 40 years they've got so much good music I ever feel like I need much else. I also like to listen to Explosions in the Sky too though, depending on my mood. Very good instrumental stuff that lets your memories fill in the lyrics for you.
Reply Quote
I started to list a dozen genres and artists, but decided to pare it down to two uncommon ones:

Jazz instrumental: J.J. Johnson

Jazz vocal: Julie London

Don't worry, you're not the only one!
Jazz instrumental: Miles Davis, Lee Morgan, Arturo Sandoval, Roy Hargrove (I used to play jazz Trumpet, hence all the trumpet players)
Jazz vocal: Frank Sinatra
Jazz Big Band: Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Bob Curnow, Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band

I'm more into rock these days. Some of these bands I only have a few songs of, but I'll include them anyways:
Autograph, Mega Deth, Rush, Foo Fighters, Steel Panther, Skid Row, Ratt, Black Sabbath, Blue Murder, Deep Purple, and the James Gang to name some. I also do enjoy classical music now and again, and I prefer Hayden, Gustav Holst (The Planets suite is my favorite), Rachmaninav, Mozart, Johan de Meij, and Tchaikovsky.
Reply Quote
I listen to Daft Punk and Linkin Park.
Two personal favorites.
Reply Quote
You haven't heard music until you've listened to Pink Floyd
The most underrated band in history is Ween (can't even give them a classification, it's like they took all your favorite music and made it the right way)
Primus is awesome
other pretty good bands: Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers(new album is... meh), Rage Against the Machine, Beck, The Beasty Boys (great range for a group most people would think of as rappers), The Mars Volta.
I won't hate on your music (unless it really sucks), but seriously if you haven't heard Ween then there is a pit in your soul that you're not aware of.
Reply Quote
You haven't heard music until you've listened to Pink Floyd
The most underrated band in history is Ween (can't even give them a classification, it's like they took all your favorite music and made it the right way)
Primus is awesome
other pretty good bands: Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers(new album is... meh), Rage Against the Machine, Beck, The Beasty Boys (great range for a group most people would think of as rappers), The Mars Volta.
I won't hate on your music (unless it really sucks), but seriously if you haven't heard Ween then there is a pit in your soul that you're not aware of.

If you like Pink Floyd, you ought to give Porcupine Tree and/or Steven Wilson (The solo project of Porcupine Tree's frontman) a listen to. A few notable records (also my favorite) are Fear of a Blank Planet, In Abstentia, and (recently released) Grace for Drowning.
Edited by BeefcakMoney on 10/12/2011 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/09/2011 03:30 AMPosted by seang
BTW, most classical listeners make me sick... pretentious elitists who aren't truly interested in music or composition...

lol, music and composition has its roots in classical irrefutably, so this is either a hilariously awful troll attempt or this person is just plain ignorant. this statement makes you and only you pretentious, like somehow the factual roots of all western music is not good enough for you.

and here is a songwriter that is into classical music but composes anti-folk:
www.facebook.com/brancrown
or www.brancrown.bandcamp.com

(i think both have slightly different music selection, with the facebook probably having the stronger tracks)
Reply Quote
YOU'RE FELLOW STARCRAFT PLAYERS NEED YOUR HELP! VOTE FOR NEW DJs, FRATHOUSE TO HELP THEM GET THE CHANCE TO DJ ALONGSIDE AVICII TOMORROW! VOTE BY GOING TO WWW.FRATHOUSEMUSIC.CA. WE APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT! IT TAKES A SECOND, JUST GOTTA LIKE THIS PORT ON FACEBOOK.COM >>>> http://www.facebook.com/citybang/posts/279168608771477
Edited by Shinobi on 10/18/2011 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Years. Fix me is the best.
Reply Quote
You're too generous. call a fool a fool.
Reply Quote
Wolves in the throne room
Sunn 0)))
Thou
Xibalba
Thantifaxath
Anomie
Gorgoroth
Bolt Thrower
Abominable Putridity
Cannibal Corpse
Planks
Seven sisters of sleep
Boris
Om
Korpiklaani
Ensiferum
Earth

and several hundred more. (I listen to 4-5 hours of metal a day)
Reply Quote
I made this with my friends, check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huOfC5YNFDc
Reply Quote
Rock- Shinedown, Linkin Park
Metal- Metallica, Ozzy,
Country- Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Brooks and Dunn,
I listen to much more, these are just my favorites.

@Rainbowhawk- Finally someone who agrees with me that A Thousand Suns is awesome!! I own all the LP albums and love them all, but I really think ATS is their best work to date.
Reply Quote
Drum and Bass.. old school jungle type, not pendulum lol
Reply Quote
Kpop:

After School/Orange Caramel
G.NA
Girls Generation

I like a lot of them, but I guess those are my favorites. Bought like 30 Kpop albums, understand 0 Korean, lol ^_^
Reply Quote
Kpop:

After School/Orange Caramel
G.NA
Girls Generation

I like a lot of them, but I guess those are my favorites. Bought like 30 Kpop albums, understand 0 Korean, lol ^_^

2ne1 and shinee :D
Reply Quote
a few huh......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]