StarCraft® II

So why does Nova need a gun?

She can blow people's heads off with her mind, I don't understand the point of her gun then.
Reply Quote
So she doesn't get a headache during long missions?
Reply Quote
She can shoot the wings off a fly. Imagine what she can do to you.
Reply Quote
Yes, but it takes a lot of work to blow someone's head off with her thoughts.

The gun is faster, easier, and allows nukes...
Reply Quote
The better question is why Kerrigan is using a gun. Not that I'm complaining, I just didn't see that one coming.
Reply Quote
to blow ppl's head of from a sniper's distance?
Reply Quote
"So why does Nova need a gun?"
same reason why any ghost needs a gun.
Reply Quote
06/04/2011 09:38 AMPosted by LilArrin
So she doesn't get a headache during long missions?

No Excederin?
Reply Quote
06/04/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Maddog
The better question is why Kerrigan is using a gun. Not that I'm complaining, I just didn't see that one coming.

It's not entirely without precedent, seeing as how Duran was using his canister rifle when he was supposedly infested and Infested Marines use a "Infested Rifle".

My guess is the gun is the starter weapon and then it either is phased out or enhanced depending on your ability choices.
Reply Quote
06/04/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Rust

It's not entirely without precedent, seeing as how Duran was using his canister rifle when he was supposedly infested and Infested Marines use a "Infested Rifle".

My guess is the gun is the starter weapon and then it either is phased out or enhanced depending on your ability choices.

Infested rifles?
Reply Quote
That's what the tool tip says when I move my cursor over their ranged attack display. Ultimately it's just to allow Infested Marines to benefit from Zerg Ranged Attack upgrades.
Reply Quote
Guns are fun
Reply Quote
Psychic attacks can be traced. Sometimes you dont want to leave evidence of what your abilities are
Reply Quote
Nearly any character can be made better by giving them a huge gun.
Reply Quote

Nova is the most powerful psychic in the SC Universe, aside from Kerrigan. She's a 10 on the Psi scale, the next strongest being Tosh (Post Spectre) at 8. She can level ten city blocks of area with about three minutes of concentrated thought.

For reference, Kerrigan is the reason the scale goes past 10. They tested her, she was literally off the charts, so they extended them (I'm not sure /what/ she's at. They listed Abberation as Class 8 Psionic, and Kerrigan as 13, but Abberation never does anything. Maybe that scale is logarithmic, while the normal Psi scale is linear).

For more reference: 6 on the scale is telepathic, 8 is telekinetic.

On topic, though, it's because no matter how psychically powerful you are, having a gun is always a plus. It just means more options. And all Ghosts are trained as soldiers, because not all ghosts are crazy like Nova, so she got the same basic training and decided to stick with it, I'd guess.
Reply Quote
06/04/2011 09:30 AMPosted by xboi
She can blow people's heads off with her mind, I don't understand the point of her gun then.

you're silly. people dont use guns to blow others.
Reply Quote
Clearing 10 city blocks, is almost useful, well if you're able to discriminate from ally and ennemy without mistake and without improving the difficulty of the task. Also, you must be able to kill the other psychic freak out there or else, you'll need your gun anyway.
Reply Quote

The gun is faster, easier, and allows nukes...

It takes like a second for Nova to blow someone's head off with her mind, I can see nukes being an advantage but if Nova can move stuff around, couldn't she just move a nuke with her :D

Nova has a higher Psi than a normal ghost has so she can blow off someone's head while the regular ghost fresh out of Ghost Academy may not be able to do that.

06/04/2011 06:17 PMPosted by Azyx
Clearing 10 city blocks, is almost useful, well if you're able to discriminate from ally and ennemy without mistake and without improving the difficulty of the task. Also, you must be able to kill the other psychic freak out there or else, you'll need your gun anyway.

Psychic freaks are taken away by the government immediately once known so less likely chance there's wild psychic freaks and if there are any, they don't have psi screens then.
Edited by xboi on 6/4/2011 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Killing someone in 1 sec. Seriously, I already see the use of the gun.

Considering the number of planet with human, I doubt the government cornered all psychic freak. Not to mention that according to the mission of WoL, no matter which path you took, you had some of those freak under your command.

Also, there's the question about the zerg and protoss, I doubt they can as easily blow there head off. There's a limit to what you can do with psychic power.

The new infested Kerrigan got a gun, and the only reason that she had none when she was QoB, it's because between her claw and a gun, her claw were clearly better.

EDIT: Duran was shwon as an infested ghost in SC:BW campaign.
Edited by Azyx on 6/4/2011 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]