So who is Abathur?

How much do we know about him?
Reply Quote
Not much, unfortunately. He was created by the mighty Overmind and he is unique. This tells us he is very important to the swarm. Although I do not like him being introduced this late in Starcraft storyline, I appreciate it a lot.

It seems like very interesting character. Overmind did nothing without a plan, he was very smart so Abathur have a huge potential.

Also lets not forget, in whole swarm there are only 3 unique creatures, 1 is Kerrigan and the other one is Abathur. (Izsha too I guess)
Reply Quote

yours and my definition of unique must vary greatly.

You gotta start reading more carefully the released information I think.

Here is a small copy paste from one of the previews.

Kerrigan: You look so different from most of the Zerg, Abathur. Did I create you?
Abathur: I was created by the Overmind from several different species. I am the only one of my kind.
Kerrigan: What did you do after the Overmind died?
Abathur: I wandered the tunnels deep inside char, without purpose. I was feral. Other creatures tried to eat me. I ate them instead. Later you found all of us and made us Zerg again.
Kerrigan: You are saying that you aren't Zerg unless you are on someone else's control?
Abathur: Without an overriding will, we are beasts my queen, less than beasts.
Reply Quote
I just really, really hope he's hilarious in a sarcastic/dark humor kind of way. The mood in the Leviathan is so gloomy and serious!
Reply Quote
If he doesn't have Swann's voice and accent I will be disappointed.
Edited by Subsourian on 5/31/2011 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ABATHURA one-of-a-kind zerg creature, cobbled together from different genetics, Abathur is a genius at manipulating DNA and mutagen to modify the Swarm.
Reply Quote
05/31/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Wiz
btw, is it me or does Abathur look like a smaller version of the brainbug from starship troopers?

Starship Troopers = Starcraft (...at least as far as the zerg go...)
Reply Quote
Starship troopers ( tv series ) had aliens similar to protoss btw.
Reply Quote
My guess? Abathur is going to be HotS' Tychus Finley.
Reply Quote
Edited by StarMatrix on 12/5/2012 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Something important to note is that because he was created by the Overmind however unlikely it is he has the possibility of having Overmind thought in him perhaps compelling him to create a new Overmind. I don't know I don't think they would do that because he seems so key to the story line that his betrayal would be pointless but its still an avenue.
Reply Quote
Edited by StarMatrix on 12/5/2012 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]