StarCraft® II

Achievement Discussion!

Have you wanted an achievement for multi-player? What about ideas for the campaign, like how in WoL each mission had one for completing all of the objectives? Post your ideas here!
Reply Quote
I would really like to see more achievements in Heart of the Swarm. Replaying the game in different styles to attempt to gather more achievements adds replay variety. The achievements I am most fond of are the unadvertised special-requirements kind.

In WoL, there are a few, like when you kill all Protoss bases in the "Welcome to the Jungle" mission. But there were so many more opportunities for these. I'd like to see at least one of these in each mission for Heart of the Swarm. They encourage us to dive into the levels with curiosity and determination, and give us a reason to play the game again (and again).

One example of an opportunity in WoL was in the "Hit and Run" level, if you attempt to steal the artifact from the zerg side (by killing all zerg and protoss), I feel that would be an excellent achievement. After getting the "Welcome to the Jungle" one, I scoured the first several levels expecting to come across more, but was left disappointed.

Another great opportunity is when you play the "All in" level on easy, and fight your way to where Kerrigan comes out of the large zerg egg thing. When she emerges, she's neutral for a moment. If you click on her, she greets you with the same kind of selection-greeting your own units have. This would be a great secret achievement: "Meet the Queen of Blades" or something along those lines.

I hope Blizzard recognizes how much fun these things are to find, and offers more in Heart of the Swarm!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]