Stop comparing HotS to WC3!!

I get that Heart will be centered around Kerrigan, a "hero" type unit, and that there are similar things (i.e. the Yetis to kill).

However, would you please stop assuming that similar means exactly the same!?! You do not farm and level up Kerrigan mid-level, you use her to help attack and gain new abilities between levels, however mid-level you will stay the same.

On the Yetis, people do not seem to want to pay attention to the words that go along with the screenshots. You kill the Yetis to gain DNA so your entire army can resist the flash freezes. It has nothing to do with leveling up Kerrigan, at least not in any way that is different than the rest of your army.

Again, unless you have solid proof, a 100% fact statement from Blizzard saying that this is what they are doing, STOP COMPARING IT TO WARCRAFT!!!!

Also, it was their whole plan to make the HotS campaign different from the WoL campaign, in more than just changing from Terran to Zerg. If you can't handle that, or want to complain about everything like pretty much everyone else on these forums, then at least have the decency to accept what you know you cannot change.

All of your crying is pointless, and is falling only on the deaf ears of those who feel the same way. Vocal minorities feel like the majority on the Forums, simply because most people go to these forums to join the vocal minority, i.e. to complain about things they can't change, and don't want to accept.
Edited by KarMAzasz on 5/31/2011 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It was already confirmed that heros don't level up and gain XP Warcraft 3 style.
Reply Quote
05/31/2011 04:15 PMPosted by Psycho
It was already confirmed that heros don't level up and gain XP Warcraft 3 style.

Exactly what I'm trying to say, yet most people here simply don't believe that.
Reply Quote
Because people are ZOMG SKY IS FALLING! they are just panicking/trolling.
Reply Quote
thank god somebody makes sense the rest of the forums just make people feel like pessimistic a-holes
Reply Quote
but but...what about battle focus that sounds like leveling....
Reply Quote
I get that Heart will be centered around Kerrigan, a "hero" type unit, and that there are similar things (i.e. the Yetis to kill).

However, would you please stop assuming that similar means exactly the same!?! You do not farm and level up Kerrigan mid-level, you use her to help attack and gain new abilities between levels, however mid-level you will stay the same.

On the Yetis, people do not seem to want to pay attention to the words that go along with the screenshots. You kill the Yetis to gain DNA so your entire army can resist the flash freezes. It has nothing to do with leveling up Kerrigan, at least not in any way that is different than the rest of your army.

Again, unless you have solid proof, a 100% fact statement from Blizzard saying that this is what they are doing, STOP COMPARING IT TO WARCRAFT!!!!

Also, it was their whole plan to make the HotS campaign different from the WoL campaign, in more than just changing from Terran to Zerg. If you can't handle that, or want to complain about everything like pretty much everyone else on these forums, then at least have the decency to accept what you know you cannot change.

All of your crying is pointless, and is falling only on the deaf ears of those who feel the same way. Vocal minorities feel like the majority on the Forums, simply because most people go to these forums to join the vocal minority, i.e. to complain about things they can't change, and don't want to accept.

I couldn't agree with you more.

It seems there are some sane Starcraft fans on these forums after all. I thought this was just a place dedicated to nonstop QQ and trolling. I was amazed at the speed in which people judged HOTS over a teaser trailer and some screenshots.
Reply Quote
Here here!
Reply Quote
06/05/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Tyrant

dont you dare start up on that. it's part of the customization, ppl should be happy they dont get stuck with like one or two skills on kerrigan that would suck in most situations and that she CAN be revived and ACTUALLY USED instead of stuck in a bunker or burrowed the entire game. instead the are QQing the heck out of the game and complaining and trolling on a whole 2 and 1/2 minutes off teaser trailer and and 10 photos and her CA. ppl are very ungrateful and should be glad that we have a sneak peak at the game right now instead of 2 weeks before release.
Reply Quote
I don't mind the hero thing.. long as it isn't some blatant copy paste nonsense and fits well into the game it's fine.

I'm concerned about how much the story is gonna suck.
Reply Quote

I couldn't agree with you more.

It seems there are some sane Starcraft fans on these forums after all. I thought this was just a place dedicated to nonstop QQ and trolling. I was amazed at the speed in which people judged HOTS over a teaser trailer and some screenshots.

Agreed

Grade:A++++++++

Its not even going to be close to Warcraft because the mechanics are totally different, they are different games with different ways to play.

besides if Kerrigan dies in this campaign you lose, you can't bring her back!

people that complain, when was the last you played Warcraft 3 because I think they are pretty different. at least look for differences instead of similarities, because they are the same type of game.
Reply Quote
Even if it was taken from WC3, Blizzard would have done it because it WORKS. Heroes have always been a big part of SC and WC. So, I don't see any reason why this should be a problem. As long as they don't put the Heroes in MP, of course.
Reply Quote

+1
Reply Quote
06/05/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Tyrant

like jamesthing said its a way of having a bunch of abilities for kerrigan so u dont use the same ones every mission it gives u a way to customize the game around your preferences
Reply Quote

besides if Kerrigan dies in this campaign you lose, you can't bring her back!

Nope.
Blizzard has said that you can revive Kerrigan at the nearest Hatchery if she dies.
Reply Quote
Only thing I'm having trouble understanding is how do the Kerrigan upgrades work, Is like she has to kill a certain amount of monsters or is it like XP bar where she kills kills and boom level then go back to the base and pick what you want to upgrade. It's like that right?
Reply Quote
07/01/2011 08:15 PMPosted by AznHobo
Only thing I'm having trouble understanding is how do the Kerrigan upgrades work, Is like she has to kill a certain amount of monsters or is it like XP bar where she kills kills and boom level then go back to the base and pick what you want to upgrade. It's like that right?

It might be some sort of resoure you have to collect to upgrade kerrigan, like using mutagen to ugrade other units
Reply Quote
i think it might be as simple as complete X amount of missions and this battle focus will be unlocked for one and for another it might be fully upgrade these units X,X,X for another
Reply Quote
07/01/2011 08:15 PMPosted by AznHobo

From what I understand, on some levels there are points you can get for doing objectives (kind of like research points in WoL). I'm not sure if you use mutagen points for Battle Focus as well, or if there are a separate set of points for that.

Either way, you get the points for completing in-game objectives, but you can't gain the benefits or re-customize until after the level. You can upgrade units and Kerrigan between levels, but you can't "level up" Kerrigan during a level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]