StarCraft® II

What HoTS new Units?

I'm extremely excited for HoTS, but what I am mostly looking forward to are the new units. What types of units do you guys think they will add, or should add for the multiplayer with HoTS (like tiers, late-game, early-game, ranged, etc.) realistically speaking? And also, what units do you guys think that Blizzard should take out from the multiplayer (they have stated I believe that they are going to take out units)?
Reply Quote
Let's see,
Zerg
Last Blizzcon they showed concept art work for some sort of scorpion like creature, it was cool.
In the concept art that we've received recently, there are shots of yeti creatures that have decidedly zerg characteristics.
Maybe a new generation of psychic infested Terrans, similar in some ways to Kerrigan.

Terran:
Give us the option to upgrade Ghosts into Spectres, or introduce shadowguards. That or a more cybernetic version of the ghost (think something the Mortal Kombat Cyber initiative).
Perhaps some sort of riot trooper with a shotgun (medium-short range burst damage) and stun grenades.

Protoss
Twilight Templar (somewhere between the Dark Templar and the High Templar)?
Perhaps bring back normal archons and Dark Archons, adding in twilight ones?
Heck if I know?

Remove:
I'm not sure. I hear they're going to fix reapers, but if they can't than they are a good start. I am with them on removing overseers (just give the detector ship and maybe the changeling ability to overlords, or make changelings their own independent units).
Edited by Maddog on 6/1/2011 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I want Dark Archons and Firebats back :<
Reply Quote
Lurkers. Or if not that, some other long-distance siege unit, I hope. Or Defilers. DARKSWARM. (They were such awesome casters.)

I'd also like to see a Tier 1 or 1.5 ground-to-air/ground to ground unit. It would be really nice break up some of the early Protoss/Terran air-rush shinanigans.
Reply Quote
I want Dark Archons and Firebats back :<

firebats wont be back couse blizz thinks that helions are better in multiplayer
Reply Quote
There will be lurkers in the campaign, there has to be they already made a model for it and everything its in the WoL editor. There will also be a feature that allows you to infest bunkers and turn it into a unit. They also talked about adding alot more tier 1 scouting options for either all races or only zerg in multiplayer
Reply Quote
I have always thought zerg needed some kind of scary unit like the lurker or like the banshee for terran. Infestors kinda do that now but ya

they said they are changing the reaper(nerfed to hell), overseer(boring), and immortal(it was supposed to be used as a meat shield not a dps machine)
Reply Quote
Terran: Infantry and air are already quite good. I'd expect a new mech unit. Probably won't see the Goliath because its too similar to the Thor. I'd guess maybe something like the Diamondback. I'd also expect the Reaper to be reworked.

Zerg: Right now Zerg lacks a Hive tech ranged unit. Both Brood Lords and Ultras benefit from melee attack upgrades, making roach/hydra builds a dead end as the game goes into the later stages. In addition to reworking Hydralisks I bet we'll see a Hive tech ranged unit, probably one evolved from a roach or hydra.

Protoss: Protoss seems very robo tech oriented and stargate tech is not often used. I'd expect to see the Carrier or the Mothership (or both) reworked and a new air unit introduced. My guess is this unit either would be an air to ground fighter or a caster unit with detection (so Protoss doesn't feel like he needs to get robo tech for observers.)
Reply Quote
okay, first off, WTF? i posted a thread like this, but got 0 replies. im just gonna coppy and paste my thread body, so don't be confused about certain things it will say. :D

before i get any sort of trolling, I just want to say that this is all imagination, and i want to see what other people would like to have in an expansion to this game.

here are some of my ideas:

"terran:
APC: some sort of infantry carrier that allows units to shoot out of it.
some sort of anti air ground unit. if there are ground to both, air to both, air to air, air to ground, and ground to ground, why not have a ground to air?
shot gunner: some sort of close quarters, splash damage terran unit could probably change up the game

protoss:
shield battery: whatever it was called from the first game, i loved how it restored nearby shields. or atleast i think thats what it did...

zerg:
some sort of energy based unit to use a transfusion like ability and have splash heal?
slugalisk type unit: i liked the sight of the slugalisk in desert strike (it was the only place that I saw it). I would like to see a unit that was the "heart of the swarm" making creep as it slid across the floor. maybe a melee attack."
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 01:39 PMPosted by Ryan
There will be lurkers in the campaign, there has to be they already made a model for it and everything its in the WoL editor. There will also be a feature that allows you to infest bunkers and turn it into a unit. They also talked about adding alot more tier 1 scouting options for either all races or only zerg in multiplayer
The Lurker has a model because it was present in early beta, and blizzard has stated that lurker's "have no place" in SC2 multiplayer.
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Maddog
I am with them on removing overseers (just give the detector ship and maybe the changeling ability to overlords, or make changelings their own independent units)

whats wrong with overseers?

06/01/2011 12:25 PMPosted by SevenTenths
they're called queens.

queens never seem to work for AA
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Seabass
I am with them on removing overseers (just give the detector ship and maybe the changeling ability to overlords, or make changelings their own independent units)

whats wrong with overseers?

they're called queens.

queens never seem to work for AA

Nothing's wrong with them except they are taking space when a little condensing would make room for something better.
Reply Quote
Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5SKD9Es74

Can't wait to try this out.
Reply Quote
For Terran Id like to see a factory unit that can be changed for different situations on the fly.
Here's my idea, a mobile bunker. A vehicle that could transport infantry, and allow them to attack at the same time. Speed would be slightly faster than a marine. Four slots, so you could load it up with 2 marauders, 4 marines, or whatever you like. Like the diamond back it could attack while moving, but like a bunker it has no attack without units inside it. Also maybe it could research a siege mode like the tank, making it immobile, but increasing range for the units inside. Cost about 200/50, supply 3.

For Zerg a transformation for the hydralisk to make it more useful, maybe into two smaller units that have a splash damage, but less range and health.

For Protoss, Twilight Archeon, cause normal Archeon's don't get used enughf
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]