StarCraft® II

HoTS- Kerrigan must lead swarm

Alright so fir anyone who played every mission in WoL will understand this. If we remember back to the prophecy missions where all of the toss die we learn it is because We kill Kerrigan. So by my understanding Kerrigan's role in HoTS and the prophecy mission is very closely intertwined. Your thoughts please

* Note I am a bad speller so ignore spelling and grammar mistakes if you can
Reply Quote
My understanding is the Xel'Naga are returning, and the Zerg are the only species that could threaten them (from the SC1 manual backstory). If they come with hostile intent, we'll need the Zerg on our side to stop them. Sort of a "let's stop killing each other so this big thing doesn't kill us both" situation.
Reply Quote
I stopped caring about the story once the word prophecy came from Zeratul.
Reply Quote
My understanding is the Xel'Naga are returning, and the Zerg are the only species that could threaten them (from the SC1 manual backstory). If they come with hostile intent, we'll need the Zerg on our side to stop them. Sort of a "let's stop killing each other so this big thing doesn't kill us both" situation.

No its stupider than that.

Theres basically an evil extra-dimensional entity (the Dark Voice) that was imprisoned by the Xel'Naga millions of years ago. It eventually corrupted the Overmind and forced the Zerg to attack the Xel'Naga (and the Xel'Naga just kinda disappeared after that).

Anyways, the way the Xel'Naga reproduce is through combining two races: one with purity of essence and one with purity of form. In order to beat the Dark Voice, protoss and zerg need to be joined together to recreate the Xel'Naga. The Overmind knew this and thats why it created Kerrigan so she could give the Zerg free will to join with the Protoss.

Thats also why Tassadar isnt dead because his energy combined with the Overminds energy. I think Tassadar is actually the first of the new Xel'Naga. LOL.

Reply Quote

Thats also why Tassadar isnt dead because his energy combined with the Overminds energy. I think Tassadar is actually the first of the new Xel'Naga. LOL.

That would actually be pretty cool.
Now if only the new Tassadar sounded more like the immortals sound, and less like chris metzen...
Reply Quote
06/02/2011 10:54 PMPosted by Khobai

Theres basically an evil extra-dimensional entity (the Dark Voice) that was imprisoned by the Xel'Naga millions of years ago. It eventually corrupted the Overmind and forced the Zerg to attack the Xel'Naga (and the Xel'Naga just kinda disappeared after that).

Anyways, the way the Xel'Naga reproduce is through combining two races: one with purity of essence and one with purity of form. In order to beat the Dark Voice, protoss and zerg need to be joined together to recreate the Xel'Naga. The Overmind knew this and thats why it created Kerrigan so she could give the Zerg free will to join with the Protoss.

Basicly, if you replace "Dark Voice" with "Sargeras", "Zerg" with "Orcs" and "Kerrigan" with "Medivh" you're 90% of the way to WoW's storyline.

I feared they'd ruin Starcraft by letting the WoW monkeys too close to it, and my fears came true. I love WoW and it's lore for it's own sake, but this was a travesty. The gritty, cruel and amoral sci-fi horror tale of Starcraft 1 is gone, replaced by a generic hero epic of good versus evil.

You fail, Blizzard.
Edited by Sueco on 6/3/2011 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/02/2011 09:19 PMPosted by MixMastaShiz

+1

I HATE when they introduce prophecy as a plot device. This is just lazy and corny.
Reply Quote
06/03/2011 02:22 AMPosted by Sueco
[quote]My understanding is the Xel'Naga are returning, and the Zerg are the only species that could threaten them (from the SC1 manual backstory). If they come with hostile intent, we'll need the Zerg on our side to stop them. Sort of a "let's stop killing each other so this big thing doesn't kill us both" situation.

Wow that was alot deeper than what I thought. but yet enhances what my point was. I just cant wait now for all of the in between story and the explanation of our teaser trailer.
Reply Quote
06/02/2011 09:19 PMPosted by MixMastaShiz
Reply Quote
I know lots of mutations in Heart of the Swarm, this is for the people who don't know them.
Zergling: Rapid genesis: Zerglings are trained instantly. (duh)
Posthumus Mitosis: 20% chance of 2 broodlings being spawned upon death of Zergling.
Metabolic boost: Increases movement speed of Zerglings by 33%
Mutations: Swarmling and Raptor. Swarmling hatch in pairs of 3 for no extra mineral cost. Raptors jump into melee range of target and gain +10 health.
Roach: Chitinous plating: Roaches gain +1 armor. Bile ducts: Roaches gain +2 damage. Organic carapace: Roaches gain +2 life generation. Mutations: Prowler and leech. Prowler can move while burrowed.(tunneling claw) Leech gains 10 life per kill, up to 60+ health and heals faster while burrowed.
Baneling: Viscous discharge: Acid slows nearby units for a short time (also like marauders slow)
Centrifugal hooks: Increases baneling speed by 25%
Rupture: Increases area damage by 25% Mutations: Spitterling and gorgeling. Spitterlings
Splits into two smaller Banelings on death
Split occurs twice. Gorgelings Reduces killed units and structures to collectible resources
secrete a sub-atomic acid that reduces anything touched to its most basic elements. Any unit or structure killed is converted to collectible resource pickups equal to one quarter the unit's cost.

Reply Quote
I know lots of mutations in Heart of the Swarm, this is for the people who don't know them.
Zergling: Rapid genesis: Zerglings are trained instantly. (duh)
Posthumus Mitosis: 20% chance of 2 broodlings being spawned upon death of Zergling.
Metabolic boost: Increases movement speed of Zerglings by 33%
Mutations: Swarmling and Raptor. Swarmling hatch in pairs of 3 for no extra mineral cost. Raptors jump into melee range of target and gain +10 health.
Roach: Chitinous plating: Roaches gain +1 armor. Bile ducts: Roaches gain +2 damage. Organic carapace: Roaches gain +2 life generation. Mutations: Prowler and leech. Prowler can move while burrowed.(tunneling claw) Leech gains 10 life per kill, up to 60+ health and heals faster while burrowed.
Baneling: Viscous discharge: Acid slows nearby units for a short time (also like marauders slow)
Centrifugal hooks: Increases baneling speed by 25%
Rupture: Increases area damage by 25% Mutations: Spitterling and gorgeling. Spitterlings
Splits into two smaller Banelings on death
Split occurs twice. Gorgelings Reduces killed units and structures to collectible resources
secrete a sub-atomic acid that reduces anything touched to its most basic elements. Any unit or structure killed is converted to collectible resource pickups equal to one quarter the unit's cost.

that was completely random...
Reply Quote

Wha? Who said this?

Zeratul was saying that the xel'naga are coming to destroy. The dark voice is most likely with the xel'naga.
Edited by Brathearon on 6/26/2011 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Xel'naga imprisoned the Voice in the darkness not the dark voice. They are in fact separate entities. The Dark voice is likely some type of corrupt Xel'naga while voice in the dark is some type of monster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]