StarCraft® II

Best campain unit

SCV's? They actually supply the economy to build everything else. :3
Reply Quote
Just to be different I will say Dimondbacks.

They may only be useful in a couple of missions but they are damn fun. Speedy and powerful they zip around the map killin stuff. :)
Reply Quote
Hercules is a life-saver on Moebius Factor. Didn't build any medivacs beyond the ones you start with, they're expensive but extremely useful.

Other than that, all merc units are amazing. For a little extra cost, they surpass their standard counterparts in every way, the Siege Breakers are particularly amazing on defense with Viking or Wraith backup against Air-to-Ground.
Reply Quote
03/23/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Coppermantis
Hercules is a life-saver on Moebius Factor. Didn't build any medivacs beyond the ones you start with, they're expensive but extremely useful.

I used the hercules on the jungle mission as well. It is an extremely useful transport unit.

03/23/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Coppermantis
Other than that, all merc units are amazing. For a little extra cost, they surpass their standard counterparts in every way, the Siege Breakers are particularly amazing on defense with Viking or Wraith backup against Air-to-Ground.

Definitely! I think one of the best parts about them is that when you have the money to build them, and you choose to build them, you can pop them up instantly.
Reply Quote
Oi, lest we forget our MULE buddy? Terrans, please pay your respects...
Reply Quote
Haha, I never actually bought orbital command on my first playthrough. Then again, I didn't even get stimpack either. Now that I'm doing a Hard playthrough, I don't think it's even remotely reasonable to try without either of those.
Reply Quote
Might as well mass marines every mission right?
Reply Quote
03/26/2012 03:58 PMPosted by UltraNoob
Might as well mass marines every mission right?

True, but my personal favorite are the Spectres. I like their "Dark Ghost" feel.
Reply Quote
Da Heros... hands down zeratual army of one is beast :O !
Reply Quote
without any doubt it's the SIEGE TANK

unbelievably OP when u research maelstrom rounds
Reply Quote
My favorite unit in Sc/Sc2 has to be hands down the Gol. 2nd the siege tank.

Side note, haven't tried multi except comp stomps but why were Gols taken out of MP? Too OP?

When I used to play sc it was great because there weren't "campaign exclusives" all over the place. Now it hurts to only see hellions,tanks, and thors.

I'm sure all this has been discussed a billion times but I've just recently purchased sc2 ad am left wondering why...balance?
Reply Quote
HERCULES IN THE SHATTER THE SKY MISSION
Reply Quote
why were Gols taken out of MP? Too OP?

Cause it's from Sc1/BW. They replaced that with the Thor and Viking. Sadly, the viking doesn't not excel as a land unit as well.
Reply Quote
Marine/Medic is unstoppable, though I ate quite a bit of death sometimes when I had to fight other Terran AI and I found myself near a siege tank. I also swore up and down that the spell-caster Protoss were overpowered every time I ran into one as they'd wipe out my little MM ball of doom with their fizzy aoe sh*t. I even did Engine of Destruction on Brutal tonight with MM balls even though I just read that that's not how you're supposed to do it. It sure as hell wasn't easy. Or fun.

On a side note though, I've run into enough "this is effing impossible!" situations between achievements and brutal to know that I'll get something eventually. It's kinda been fun for me to think I'm not capable of doing something and finally being able to master it. This is not really a genre of game I play a whole lot, and certainly never played the original so I'm not like some of the pros here that would totally r*pe me if I stepped into a multiplayer match.
Reply Quote
The War Pigs were actually really nice. Upgraded marines are no laughing matter. They can wreck stuff with stim and a few medics for healing.
Reply Quote
04/16/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Sputnik
The War Pigs were actually really nice. Upgraded marines are no laughing matter. They can wreck stuff with stim and a few medics for healing.

I actually would stuff my Mercs into bunkers. When I had a solid base I could focus more on micro managing my MM balls.
Reply Quote
Science vessels. They give viking/tank (excellent range and splash damage, assuming you get the upgrades) or viking/banshee/BC (for when you want to avoid terrain) the healing capacity of MMM.

Well, unless you allow buildings. Then the Hive Mind Emulator wins easily.
Edited by Yitzi on 4/16/2012 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Spectres. Only reason I was able to beat Engine of Destruction on Brutal . And they're flippin' awesome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]