StarCraft® II

A perfect explanation of SC2 story

And what is wrong with it. Here you go it's a bit long and they guys voice starts out grating but damn if he doesn't hit the nail on the head.

Part 1 focuses on the rushed feel of SC2 production, this is the one part I dont neccicarally agree with but a lot of it I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95k-Gajk1E

Part 2 really picks up the plot holes and lackings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6iyMDPgQg&feature=related

Part 3: Why Chris Metzen hates starcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpKqM84jQrQ

Part 4 why the protoss campaign doesn't make sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXE55fTyUg
Reply Quote
I heard lots of raging in those videos.
Reply Quote
Pretty much but it does point out a lot of thing I hadn't even thought about.

Like just how many things have to go just right for the overminds gamble to work.

and how the newly submitted overmind is just a rip off of a WC3 character. You get to see metzen angry face when someone bring it up at con.
Reply Quote
bizarre choices on Blizz behalf on choosing writers and directors. I had no idea the track records of the people in charge of SC2. Too bad.

And the fact the Chriss didn't want to rehire Raynors voice actor was pretty astounding. Why does he have any say outside of the script? NO wonder.
Reply Quote
Amazing how some people are trying to paint the guy as the videogame industry's George Lucas.

I did a quick research on the Internet, and so far I've failed to find anything about Metzen having a direct input in the choice of voice actors. But let's assume for a moment that he did in fact oppose Robert Clotworthy's return as Jim Raynor and he does have more decisional power than Dustin Bowder or Chris Sigaty: isn't that the *exact* opposite of what George Lucas would do? Instead of hanging on to nostalgia and fan service, he wants things to be different.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 6/6/2011 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Amazing how some people are trying to paint the guy as the videogame industry's George Lucas.

I did a quick research on the Internet, and so far I've failed to find anything about Metzen having a direct input in the choice of voice actors. But let's assume for a moment that he did in fact oppose Robert Clotworthy's return as Jim Raynor and he does have more decisional power than Dustin Bowder or Chris Sigaty: isn't that the *exact* opposite of what George Lucas would do? Instead of hanging on to nostalgia and fan service, he wants things to be different.

You could wlways just watch the video. He has footage at con of Chris saying he didn't want to bring back the original voice actor, and it goes into depth about why Metzen is like George, mainly in how George wrecked a great scifi franchise. It's errily similer.
Reply Quote
I can't stand BroodMyWarCraft; his Harry S. Plinkett imitation is just plain embarassing.

Therefore, it'll take more than his insipid nerdrage and vague attempts at humor to convince me that Chris Metzen is indeed an evil power-hungry monster from outer space.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 6/6/2011 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't stand BroodMyWarCraft; his Harry S. Plinkett imitation is just plain embarassing.

Therefore, it'll take more than his insipid nerdrage and vague attempts at humor to convince me that Chris Metzen is indeed an evil power-hungry monster from outer space.

AKA im going to stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes but still call it stupid.
Reply Quote
How about you point me to the footage you're talking about instead?
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 6/6/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
....... It's not my job to play intern to you because you can't go look at the footage yourself. If you claim the video is stupid then come up with your own argument but don't be lazy and ask other to do it for you.
Reply Quote
Yeah, so I'm gonna nail my hand to the floor just to verify if it indeed hurts.

I'm going to read War and Peace in its entirety just to see if the main character indeed gets to burp at some specific point.

And I'm going to endure an insanely long rant just to verify one small claim that apparently cannot be proven otherwise.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 6/6/2011 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
....... really? You going to claim it didn't happen unless I can point out the second it did? lol, wow you really do wonder for your argument. With enemys like you who needs friends.

Though back on topic I did like the part of the video with the Harvy Dent recut saying as the villian "You eather die or live long enough to see yourself become the hero." lol
Reply Quote
Im pretty sure warcraft copied off of SC, not the other way around.
Reply Quote
06/06/2011 08:37 AMPosted by Brathearon
Im pretty sure warcraft copied off of SC, not the other way around

It copies each other. They write one game, think they have something cool in it and copy it for the next game regardless of the franchise. So War3 had elements of SC1 and now SC2 has incorporated different elements from War3.
Reply Quote
uhh everyone here realizes it a game
and to everyone who complains about the story, stop playing the game
if you think u could make a better story, post a better storyline...unless u cant and all u do is complain about stuff that doesnt matter
Reply Quote
also it appears broodmywarcraft complains about the prophecy a lot when it says in the storyline:"the overmind was able to break free of the fallen one's control long enough to create kerrigan who would ultimately free the swarm" btw the books were BASED, NOT AFFECTING THE STORY, BASED on starcraft
Reply Quote
Barely got past the third minute before I couldn't stand to hear this whiny little piss-ant rage about not seeing another Brood War.

Are you sure this isn't just you, Dusk?
Reply Quote
Youll have to forgive duskfang.. hes been butthurt on these forums over the game since it was announced. Id hate to check the WoL boards to see if he was doing the same thing.

So many complaints about this game seem to boil down to this-
"Its not like the original SC"

Then play the original SC. Things change, they evolve. Sometimes you like the changes, sometimes you wont. Doesnt go any good being on this message board linking videos with an intense dislike of someone whos in charge of a game, or anything like that.

Time to grow up.
Reply Quote
06/06/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Iliya
Are you sure this isn't just you, Dusk?

Nope. I just found it while looking for new vids.

06/06/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Ortgrale
Youll have to forgive duskfang.. hes been butthurt on these forums over the game since it was announced. Id hate to check the WoL boards to see if he was doing the same thing.

Wow, I didn't know expressing my distastes count's as "Butt hurt"

06/06/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Ortgrale
Then play the original SC. Things change, they evolve. Sometimes you like the changes, sometimes you wont. Doesnt go any good being on this message board linking videos with an intense dislike of someone whos in charge of a game, or anything like that.

Evolve implies it got better.

As a consumer I have a right to post my distaste. The web sites function is to provide community. This can act in their favor most of the time but it can also allow people to voice there distaste and that is a risk a company takes when they do this.

I do play the original (Now with fancy new graphic, ty mod community.)

But at the same time I strongly recommend Blizzard rethink there bizarre staffing choices. Chris Metzen is like the Joseph Loeb of video games. Used to do some decent work but has taken a franchise I love and drove it's story into the ground.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]